ABF | Abf is no angel

steppenwolf

TB Lurker
Credits
I was fighting the flu all week long,on 15Dec10 i reported to work at 0900 around midday i got to the point i was to ill to continue.I notified dispatched and was relieved from duty.The next day i was notified by dispatched that i was sent a wanring letter for not protecting my work.Under FMCSA Reg. 392.3 it was my responsibility to remove myself for safety reason's.On the same day 16Dec10 another empolyee reported to work at 0001 that morning found out the next day he work 17.45 Hrs. he drove pass his 14th and 16th Hr..He did not cover his start time for his next shift because he work to late nor did he work a full 8Hr shift whey he reported back to work.I've been debating to report this to the D.O.T. What would you do the union is no help here.

We have guys going over at my terminal also. Company won't quit till somebody gets in an accident while over hours, then they will blame the driver and discipline will be handed out. Ft. Smith knows about this because they have warned our term to stop it but it still goes on. At least three violations in last two weeks alone. I honestly don't know if DOT will even do anything about it.

ya steppenwolf your right, you sould alway RAT OUT a brother teamster to the d.o.t. then you should file charges on your steward and b.A. for not getting that guy fired, or at least suspended, your on the right track!! PLEASE Report back to all of us on your decision, i cant wait! UNITY MY BROTHER!!!

There could be more of this type of action of running out of hours or running over hours. I would think your shop steward would pull this man to the side and talk about protecting his bid, if you cannot protect your bid you can be payed to stay home.Every local should protect their members from putting someone in violation and you will have to get his log sheet for that day before DOT will be able to do anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
The stewarts should warn ABF of the situation. And if that fails, call DOT. What these dispatcher clowns don't understand is that CSA2010 has changed the rules for them. Too many violations of hrs by its employees now reflect badly against ABF. And ABF clould face audits from the DOT. They don't want that.

I was fighting the flu all week long,on 15Dec10 i reported to work at 0900 around midday i got to the point i was to ill to continue.I notified dispatched and was relieved from duty.The next day i was notified by dispatched that i was sent a wanring letter for not protecting my work.Under FMCSA Reg. 392.3 it was my responsibility to remove myself for safety reason's.On the same day 16Dec10 another empolyee reported to work at 0001 that morning found out the next day he work 17.45 Hrs. he drove pass his 14th and 16th Hr..He did not cover his start time for his next shift because he work to late nor did he work a full 8Hr shift whey he reported back to work.I've been debating to report this to the D.O.T. What would you do the union is no help here.
you can't shut it down and go to bed sure you can city or road call your b/a steward dispatcher and federal dot last and tell your out of hours yeah abf will give you letter for but big deal they get over it. two or three time of that and it will stop.

I just would like to take the time to thank all the individuals that took the time to help me out with this issue. There is one i would like to personally address Mr. ABF140. I'm so glad to see we stilll have knight's in shining armor at the ready to jump on thier horse's and ride to the top of the hill shouting out damn thy damn thy.This dear brother of your's that you so gallantry stood up for would stab you in the back in a heart beat, by the way he voted for you to give up 15% of your pay. Guess your sitting there in wonderment thinking how does this bottom feeder know so much. Let me enlighten you i was the union steward at this barn for some time i resigned because i got tired of fighting with a B.A. that was just a yes man for the company. it got so bad i had to protest the hall to stop this individual for allowing the company's breaking federal law on doctor's sick note's. Good job for protecting him also. Your a real stand up guy,oh by the way this B.A. felt like you should have gave up your 15% your two for two. Let's all take a vote and see if we should live in your little world where you turn your head's or close your eye's and hope the problem will disappear. I think the best thing for all of us is for you to keep your pie hole closed or just stay in your corner and cry to your mama when the ::shit:: hit's the fan like alot of so called teamster brother's do.

This guy doesn't have the balls to tell the dispatcher he's running out of hours and either drive the rig back to terminal or park the thing right where he is and make them come and get him. Sounds like he's just another kiss ass, just trying to get extra points with management. He probably skips his lunch or takes it on his eigth hour too. You can't count on these dispatchers to do what's right, you have to make sure you cover your ass and make them to what's right.

It must be a terminal thing cause at 462 we are told do not go over our 14 or 70. I have even heard of guys being told to put themselves to bed at the 061 terminal which is only 20 miles away. Now that's if we call I'm sure some guys do what they need to do and just bring it in on there own...which I can't blame them I guess it all depends on what somebody has going on at home. But for sure if we were to call and ask the dispatcher they would tell us to stop at the closest terminal before we run out of hours.

I just would like to take the time to thank all the individuals that took the time to help me out with this issue. There is one i would like to personally address Mr. ABF140. I'm so glad to see we stilll have knight's in shining armor at the ready to jump on thier horse's and ride to the top of the hill shouting out damn thy damn thy.This dear brother of your's that you so gallantry stood up for would stab you in the back in a heart beat, by the way he voted for you to give up 15% of your pay. Guess your sitting there in wonderment thinking how does this bottom feeder know so much. Let me enlighten you i was the union steward at this barn for some time i resigned because i got tired of fighting with a B.A. that was just a yes man for the company. it got so bad i had to protest the hall to stop this individual for allowing the company's breaking federal law on doctor's sick note's. Good job for protecting him also. Your a real stand up guy,oh by the way this B.A. felt like you should have gave up your 15% your two for two. Let's all take a vote and see if we should live in your little world where you turn your head's or close your eye's and hope the problem will disappear. I think the best thing for all of us is for you to keep your pie hole closed or just stay in your corner and cry to your mama when the ::shit:: hit's the fan like alot of so called teamster brother's do.
Wolfie you are ranting on and on! are you mad at this brother because he voted for a wage concession or because he went over his hours? you have made one thing clear you have issues with the union and your co-workers, you said you were a steward, maybe your guys would stab you in the back because your on here discusing ratting them out to the DOT. I have seen some of your other post's they are all anti-union, get over it! dont be a RAT! if you have a problem with a member dont be scared to talk to him, man to man, dont tell management or the DOT

Rat on a Teamster brother? NEVER!!!! I don't care what he /she did!! I'm old school. You never RAT on a Teamster brother. I don't know what part of the country you from Wolfie., But that is a big NO NO where I come from!! If I can't tell that guy he's a piece of $#!+ I should keep my hole shut!

I too was a steward with 5 other guys in Southern California in the grocery business in a barn with over 350 brothers/sisters and when we went out on strike in support with the Retail Clerks that wasn't even our fight, we only had 3 guys ****! 3! Out of 350! After 4 weeks it was over they lasted only about a month and they were GONE !! We policed ourselves!

My union steward turned me and a couple other drivers in to the DOT for pulling over loads. The total of all 3 was less than 2000 lbs. Then he had the BA come and talk to me about overloads. The BA said he was talking to everyone about this. He didnt talk to anyone else but me. Our steward walked around all cocky and smug, like look what I can do if you dont do what I say. What a piece of work. No respect for him or the BA.

Keeping this short as requested 1. Received letter yes 2.Man up admittted he was wrong 3.Do not drive pass 14th hour 4.Still have majority support of barn5.Tired of playing game use D.O.T6.West coast keep blinder's on it's a scary world out here7.anti-union no8.Anit Hoffa jr. all the way

Keeping this short as requested 1. Received letter yes 2.Man up admittted he was wrong 3.Do not drive pass 14th hour 4.Still have majority support of barn5.Tired of playing game use D.O.T6.West coast keep blinder's on it's a scary world out here7.anti-union no8.Anit Hoffa jr. all the way

(9) Can’t make a coherent sentence (10) Not sure how he feels about Hoffa "anit" ? (11) Trying to justify being a Rat, still a RAT! (12) STEPPENRAT

Every local I ever belonged to has it in some form or another, in their bylaws, that you can be brought up on charges with the Executive board if you get another member reprimanded by rating on them to management. It can get you banned from the local. In non right to work states like California, you will contractually lose your job for not being in the union. In right to work states, you can keep your job. but, after a while you wouldn't want to. So, I don't see how that is "keeping on blinders" Steppenwolf. That is just following our bylaws. Enough said.

***EAST COAST*** we just beat the ::shit:: out of you between the trailers for being a "RAT" simple solution, then no more RAT!

You can rebut the letter on the grounds of dot rule 392.3 or check with someone from lcl407, they had a ruling from the lawsuit against roadway that was won for giving warning letters for this very practice. I'm sure if you check with Muler he could help you find a copy of that letter. Makesure that in your rebutal you ask for ALL Letters for this be recinded. The lawsuit was from 2006 and was won by using STAA, Surface and Transportation Act .