ABF | ABF Mack Visions

2007 & 2008 highway Macks have Volvo engines. Mack engines wouldn't meet the 2007 emission standards without a lot more EGR than the Volvo engines. The Volvo engine is more suited to regeneration than the Mack engines. The Mack engine is a good engine but it would take too much modification & add ons to meet the 2007 & later emission standards.
Yes, the DPF is an add on that requires maintenance.
The 2010 standards are even more strict than 2007-2009 standards.

Well there is some Macks here with Mack engines and the DPF filters.Not road trucks but cement mixers and log trucks.But there is no diff.Unless you mean off road only trucks.

DCM DOC I looked at a Mack today the engine does kind off look like a Volvo but all the stickers and valve covers had Mack on them.Might be because its in a Mack and Volvo has their own truck.Trying to keep them seperate.

Mack Power

The 2008 Macks have Volvo MP 7 engines. If you will notice the engines are red. The 2004 Macks had Mack power & the engines are dark gray. The Volvo engines are overhead cam engines & Mack engines are cam in block engines.
The engines are very different. Mack engines are two cylinder head engines & Volvo is a single cylinder head engine due to the overhead cam. Look at the valve cover. The Volvo engine has a single valve cover which is a silver cover. The Mack engines have two valve covers & they are gray like the rest of the engine.
The turbocharger is high on the engine on Macks & the turbocharger is low on volvo engines. I know that the Volvo engines have a Mack decal but Volvo owns Mack & to keep product identity they put the label on it.
The Mack engines were very good engines but were not compatible with the 2007 emission standards & regeneration process which was required.

The 2008 Macks have Volvo MP 7 engines. If you will notice the engines are red. The 2004 Macks had Mack power & the engines are dark gray. The Volvo engines are overhead cam engines & Mack engines are cam in block engines.
The engines are very different. Mack engines are two cylinder head engines & Volvo is a single cylinder head engine due to the overhead cam. Look at the valve cover. The Volvo engine has a single valve cover which is a silver cover. The Mack engines have two valve covers & they are gray like the rest of the engine.
The turbocharger is high on the engine on Macks & the turbocharger is low on volvo engines. I know that the Volvo engines have a Mack decal but Volvo owns Mack & to keep product identity they put the label on it.
The Mack engines were very good engines but were not compatible with the 2007 emission standards & regeneration process which was required.

Yes thats how the engine looked Would not surprise me if Volvo dropped the Mack line.