ABF | abf still wants out of pension despite deal struck with yrc

memo out of fort smith, arkansas yesterday.to all manangers. abf will be negotiating their own contract, but will be voting on this one... anyone know about this?:deal:

Yeah, this one is interesting. The memorandum was addressed to the managers, and freely distributed to employees system wide. This is how they thought they could get away with negotiating with us directly, instead of our representatives. That is why the Union has filed a complaint with the NLRB.

Here is my answer to the memo.----->:butt kiss:

As far as I know, the trustees of each MEPF has the authority to make this decision. I am not aware that UPS rank and file had the opportunity to respond to a poll.

the trustees of the fund have to ok it first
the negotiating committee next
then it is put out to the members as part of the overall contract, so we do have a say

ups members in the central states when voting on their national contract and ratified it also ratified the withdrawal as that was part of the contract which is usually in the back of the book at least it is in the NMFA

interesting tidbit as ups stayed part of the MEPF in the other regions of the country
abf wants out of all MEPF
difference between the two requests
abf pays down over 10-15yr period
ups lump sum payout
which would you prefer? or better yet,
keep this in mind money talks BS walks!!!

I have a question. Why did the union tell the U.P.S. members that it was in there best interest that U.P.S. withdraw from the H&W funds. If it was such a good idea for them then why not for us?

interesting tidbit as ups stayed part of the MEPF in the other regions of the country
abf wants out of all MEPF
difference between the two requests
abf pays down over 10-15yr period
ups lump sum payout
which would you prefer? or better yet,
keep this in mind money talks BS walks!!!
----------------------------------------------