ABF | ABF sure is thorough

RenoRoadDriver

Reno Mini Hub
Credits
I got a call from ABF today and the lady was asking me about my work history...Since you have to give your last 10 years of work history, and I am 23, every job I have ever had was on my application. The lady wanted my W2 from when I was 16 and made $6.00/hr at a grocery store!

I thought it was funny, but hey, whatever it takes. I guess it is a good thing in a way, as it weeds out other applicants.

So to anybody on here that is doesn't work for ABF and wants to, you better be as accurate and honest as possible on your application!

I started when I was 26, and went through the same thing. One of my former employers went out of business (a small window and patio company) and I had to track these people down and beg them to pretend they remembered who the hell I was. That was my first job out of high school. Fortunately the guy did and seven years later all is well. Good luck!!!

I got a call from ABF today and the lady was asking me about my work history...Since you have to give your last 10 years of work history, and I am 23, every job I have ever had was on my application. The lady wanted my W2 from when I was 16 and made $6.00/hr at a grocery store!

I thought it was funny, but hey, whatever it takes. I guess it is a good thing in a way, as it weeds out other applicants.

So to anybody on here that is doesn't work for ABF and wants to, you better be as accurate and honest as possible on your application!

Didn't weed me out!!! :hysterical:

Didn't weed me out!!! :hysterical:

HAH!....Maybe they hired you for the same reason they hired me and kept me on. SOMEONE has to be the "BAD EXAMPLE" that they tell everyone not to be like. You and I must be ABF's quota for bad examples.......Don't be like us, Brother BubbaSkinner!

I dont keep stuff like that more than 7 or 8 years. Good thing they didnt ask me for a w2 from when I worked at burger king in the 80s.

had my interview today i think it went well if not i still have a job at newpenn but would like nothing more to move to abf i dont think their is a future at yrc

Best of luck to you. Bleeding green is good. Who would ever have thought that a job at ABF would trump a job at New Penn?

After all this time, ABF is still checking on my employment background! They called me today with more questions.

Not complaining, just amazed. I'm kind of glad, because it is giving me more time to consider my options.

After all this time, ABF is still checking on my employment background! They called me today with more questions.

Not complaining, just amazed. I'm kind of glad, because it is giving me more time to consider my options.

ABF is thorough, be truthful and complete, no unaccountable work time. Most companies think workman's comp in background checks/resume when work records are incomplete. Cross your T's & dot your i's. If ABF accepts you for full time employment you can be proud of it.

Wow, I thought you were already on.

I do believe that they tell you "no thanks" if you are turned down. No reason, just "no thanks".