ABF | ABF-TFI Merger?

Tfi would have to pay top dollar for any public acquisition. They would have to pay 300-500 million more than the company is actually worth. They got ups freight through a subsidiaries sale . Didn't have to worry about raiders buying up the stock and jacking up the price .
In 2006 ups bought overnite for 1.25 billion
In 2021 ups sold it for 800 million.
Even though it had increase in size by almost 50% .
That doesn't happen if ups freight is a public company
I see this as a been there done that experience. Same thing was pulled in 2013 when they said Yrc was interested in buying us at same exact time. If I’m wrong so be it, but if the numbers aren’t there it’s a no….

You are right and I dont give a **** ABF...try giving a ****ty contract and I'm voting NO.
I hope arc tells them to go pound sand tfi will gut 33% of your office stafft they will cut your sales force they will destroy that company like they did to us so long as any former ups management ,excutives because they think they know what they are doing . You will be harnessed more about idling and on propery time if you think abf sucks now you haven't seen anything most abf guys I run into are pretty content on the street, If it does go through beard should gut all ups out and turn it over to abf management and excutives day to day operations because they obviously even though what some think know how to run freight.They will gut your freight as well .Your all in for awake up call in my opinion ,bur what do i know.We lost good office people that knew the job better than the tm did.

I hope arc tells them to go pound sand tfi will gut 33% of your office stafft they will cut your sales force they will destroy that company like they did to us so long as any former ups management ,excutives because they think they know what they are doing . You will be harnessed more about idling and on propery time if you think abf sucks now you haven't seen anything most abf guys I run into are pretty content on the street, If it does go through beard should gut all ups out and turn it over to abf management and excutives day to day operations because they obviously even though what some think know how to run freight.They will gut your freight as well .Your all in for awake up call in my opinion ,bur what do i know.We lost good office people that knew the job better than the tm did.
I guess that rumor is better than the YRC rumor Judy floated at contract time in 2013....the article says land acquisitions (closed T Force terminals)..
I think this anoucement is all a strategy move the goal a soft hostile takeover especially with 3 months till you contracts up just alittle to convient. i think the union wants both companies to strike and behind close doors theres more going on.
It would make sense to force a strike crash the stock price shareholders get pissed threaten to sell off and dump shares tfi the hero comes makes a great offer in the moment of course not what they really should be sold for and saves the day so you think making promises that not much will change trying reassure all the sales ,office workers etc that this is a good thing just like the last only to find 33% or more of administration axed 1.5 year later in cust cutting .
He a wolf in sheeps clothing just sign here SUCKERS LOL

I think this anoucement is all a strategy move the goal a soft hostile takeover especially with 3 months till you contracts up just alittle to convient. i think the union wants both companies to strike and behind close doors theres more going on.
It would make sense to force a strike crash the stock price shareholders get pissed threaten to sell off and dump shares tfi the hero comes makes a great offer in the moment of course not what they really should be sold for and saves the day so you think making promises that not much will change trying reassure all the sales ,office workers etc that this is a good thing just like the last only to find 33% or more of administration axed 1.5 year later in cust cutting .
He a wolf in sheeps clothing just sign here SUCKERS LOL
Anything is possible however ArcBest had record profits the past few years. I don’t think they will sell off the cash cow (ABF) anytime soon. Like I said I could be wrong but there is nothing we can do about it except sit back & see what happens….

TFII Institutional Investors

Top Institutional Holders​

HolderSharesDate Reported% OutValue
Capital Research Global Investors10,438,654Sep 29, 202212.07%1,747,952,580
Capital International Investors8,258,962Sep 29, 20229.55%1,382,963,161
FMR, LLC3,268,355Sep 29, 20223.78%547,286,034
Vanguard Group, Inc. (The)2,949,621Sep 29, 20223.41%493,914,027
Royal Bank of Canada2,167,371Sep 29, 20222.51%362,926,267
Turtle Creek Asset Management Inc.1,651,536Sep 29, 20221.91%276,549,698
Capital Group International, Inc./CA/1,486,744Sep 29, 20221.72%248,955,278
Manufacturers Life Insurance Co.1,252,002Sep 29, 20221.45%209,647,731
Bank of Montreal/Can/1,077,110Dec 30, 20221.25%180,362,066
1832 Asset Management L.P.1,023,252Sep 29, 20221.18%171,343,544
Investors don't make money by buying over priced companies. Abf has a market capitalization of 2.5 billion. That is 3 times the price of the sale of ups freight. I doubt tfi is going to spend 2.5 billion on a company that is smaller that ups freight at 3 times the price.

Last edited:
TFII Institutional Investors

Top Institutional Holders​

HolderSharesDate Reported% OutValue
Capital Research Global Investors10,438,654Sep 29, 202212.07%1,747,952,580
Capital International Investors8,258,962Sep 29, 20229.55%1,382,963,161
FMR, LLC3,268,355Sep 29, 20223.78%547,286,034
Vanguard Group, Inc. (The)2,949,621Sep 29, 20223.41%493,914,027
Royal Bank of Canada2,167,371Sep 29, 20222.51%362,926,267
Turtle Creek Asset Management Inc.1,651,536Sep 29, 20221.91%276,549,698
Capital Group International, Inc./CA/1,486,744Sep 29, 20221.72%248,955,278
Manufacturers Life Insurance Co.1,252,002Sep 29, 20221.45%209,647,731
Bank of Montreal/Can/1,077,110Dec 30, 20221.25%180,362,066
1832 Asset Management L.P.1,023,252Sep 29, 20221.18%171,343,544
Old yellow had the same idea well how did that work out just saying

Who cares. If we don't fight for a GREAT raise this job isn't going to be worth $hit anyways. Dam school bus companies paying 28hr in our area. They can sell to whoever they like then will go shake them down for more money. Let the CEO get in the truck and make the deliveries. F them I'm tired of all this nonsense.

If TFI has spent a penny on you guys, it's because they see something they want. Bedard isn't like you're thinking he is; TFI had bought competitors before purely to get them off the table, and that's saying nothing of the synergies that exist between business models. TFI is, and has always been, a bigger picture company. They own so much of the Canadian trucking industry that they literally can't buy anymore of it, so now they've set their sights on growing US assets.

This ain't like 2013 guys, and I say that as someone who was here to witness that ::shit:: show. Yellow couldn't have bought ABF if they tried, TFI has already bought a stake. This isn't your managers trying to get your goat, you can vote yes, no or indifferent on your contract and TFI won't care. They will still be there with their 4% stake in the company that owns you guys, deciding when would be a good time to up the stake. Screw ABF, devalue the company, TFI will gladly buy more at a discount. Cooperate, vote yes and sell your soul, TFI will still buy more anyway.

And I want to add that I encourage you guys to vote the way you ought to and get what you deserve for pay. I'm just letting you know, TFI isn't afraid of the Teamsters and your vote will not scare them off. Panther is a competitor to TFI's TST Expedited Services, to say nothing of ABF competing with TForce and TST-CF Express. They're looking at how they can benefit from you, it's that simple.

Investors don't make money by buying over priced companies. Abf has a market capitalization of 2.5 billion. That is 3 times the price of the sale of ups freight. I doubt tfi is going to spend 2.5 billion on a company that is smaller that ups freight at 3 times the price.
Sure he will he would he would be a major player in the game overnight and thats what he wants.2.5 billon is nothing to tfi he owns over 100 companies.He would do to you what he did to us the minute the sale is complete they send people in take pictures of all terminals observe while they are there take notes on everything on their tablets then go back to corporate and start the gutting process .Abf in my opinion one of the best ltl in America.Like i said most guys i have run into on the streets dont complain about abf like you here on other
ltl they just seem to have a content atitude towards the company not like here at tforce most just hate the place and are miserable just trying to make it to retirement .I know there are some who are miserable no matter what but i didnt meet one in my travels at abf and i have been all over .

ltl they just seem to have a content atitude towards the company not like here at tforce most just hate the place and are miserable just trying to make it to retirement .I
I’m glad you mentioned that there is not one person I talked to is happy, and like you said if they can retire they are. They complain about being over stretched especially after this last change, the equipment is getting worse & they can’t hire anyone when you’re starting pay is $17.

If TFI has spent a penny on you guys, it's because they see something they want. Bedard isn't like you're thinking he is; TFI had bought competitors before purely to get them off the table, and that's saying nothing of the synergies that exist between business models. TFI is, and has always been, a bigger picture company. They own so much of the Canadian trucking industry that they literally can't buy anymore of it, so now they've set their sights on growing US assets.

This ain't like 2013 guys, and I say that as someone who was here to witness that **** show. Yellow couldn't have bought ABF if they tried, TFI has already bought a stake. This isn't your managers trying to get your goat, you can vote yes, no or indifferent on your contract and TFI won't care. They will still be there with their 4% stake in the company that owns you guys, deciding when would be a good time to up the stake. Screw ABF, devalue the company, TFI will gladly buy more at a discount. Cooperate, vote yes and sell your soul, TFI will still buy more anyway.
Well said.

I’m glad you mentioned that there is not one person I talked to is happy, and like you said if they can retire they are. They complain about being over stretched especially after this last change, the equipment is getting worse & they can’t hire anyone when you’re starting pay is $17.
TFI is throwing more money at new equipment for TForce than any other company they own, so I can assure you that the equipment is not "getting worse" by any means. As for the misery brigade, the people that aren't happy at TForce weren't happy when it was UPS Freight either. There are a fair number of wet blankets over there complaining like the contract should have changed with the buyout. TFI hasn't even had their turn at the table yet and everyone seems convinced that they're going to get got. As someone who has been affiliated with TFI companies since 2018, I've been here to bear witness to the raises being given to drivers. I get one every year, and I'm an owner operator. Driver retention is important to TFI; they make fair offers to their union divisions, not lowball nonsense to agitate the rank and file.

TFI is not an American company. They're not going to act like one. This is not UPS, this is not Yellow. They have Teamsters in Canada that have been through 2, 3, even 4 division mergers. And the biggest gripe they usually have is that the seniority dovetail didn't work out in their favor.

TFI is throwing more money at new equipment for TForce than any other company they own, so I can assure you that the equipment is not "getting worse" by any means. As for the misery brigade, the people that aren't happy at TForce weren't happy when it was UPS Freight either. There are a fair number of wet blankets over there complaining like the contract should have changed with the buyout. TFI hasn't even had their turn at the table yet and everyone seems convinced that they're going to get got. As someone who has been affiliated with TFI companies since 2018, I've been here to bear witness to the raises being given to drivers. I get one every year, and I'm an owner operator. Driver retention is important to TFI; they make fair offers to their union divisions, not lowball nonsense to agitate the rank and file.

TFI is not an American company. They're not going to act like one. This is not UPS, this is not Yellow. They have Teamsters in Canada that have been through 2, 3, even 4 division mergers. And the biggest gripe they usually have is that the seniority dovetail didn't work out in their favor.
CF, I can't believe you would call drivers (wet blankets)
I don't recall ever reading a post that a truck driver complained or didn't know how to run the company better.

So $17 is a good starting wage to attract new talent? You can’t grow your business without drivers. And like you mentioned in another post that T-Force is not afraid of the teamsters, I personally don’t care if he is but he has a contract to abide by & will as with any unionized company he buys….

So $17 is a good starting wage to attract new talent? You can’t grow your business without drivers. And like you mentioned in another post that T-Force is not afraid of the teamsters, I personally don’t care if he is but he has a contract to abide by & will as with any unionized company he buys….
And that is why I said bring a :shit:ty contract and I think it will get voted down, TFI rumor or not...