ABF trailers in yard?

jim jones

TB Lurker
Credits
I am not with either company but, did i see abf trailers in your lot in lorton va. along I-95? did i miss a purchase or was i just running the road too hard(tired as hell and in the motions).:hide:

No you were not seeing things. They do rent a few trailer spots from us in that location. Basically nothing more than professional courtesy. Occassionally we will drop a trailer on their lot as well.

No you were not seeing things. They do rent a few trailer spots from us in that location. Basically nothing more than professional courtesy. Occassionally we will drop a trailer on their lot as well.
Thanks easy. always good to know that i am not seeing things although, i drive in the motions at times.

abf trailers

Those trailers are full of freight that the company wont let abf employees deliver. They make a ton of money having wilson or any other non-union company use its labor and equipment to deliver it for us. Sounds good for the company but when you have guys laid off or they wont hire any more employees and try to work the ones they do have to death when it gets busy it is B.S.

Those trailers are full of freight that the company wont let abf employees deliver. They make a ton of money having wilson or any other non-union company use its labor and equipment to deliver it for us. Sounds good for the company but when you have guys laid off or they wont hire any more employees and try to work the ones they do have to death when it gets busy it is B.S.

With all due respect rugrunner your statement is incorrect. As I stated, we allow ABF to spot a couple of trailers on our yard and in turn we occassionally drop one on the ABF lot.

During 2008 we have not received a single shipment from ABF at our terminal there in Lorton/Newington. On the other hand we have given ABF a few shipments at their local facility (not many - 3 for all of 2008).

In fact, we actually do not charge them anything for dropping trailers there nor do they charge us for using their lot.....like I said, it is a professional courtesy thing. Nothing more and nothing less.

Rug, that is BS. i look for this kind of activity to start with us soon(yrcw-yellow/roadway) now that the change started.

Rug, that is BS. i look for this kind of activity to start with us soon(yrcw-yellow/roadway) now that the change started.
OOPS! i should read all post efore posting. sorry however, we three should be clear that right now, the companies are not interested in the employee. over the years i,ve seen sooo.......changes, i'm just in motion.

Rugrunner and Jim Jones, this started off as a simple question that I replied to honestly. If you wish to continue the present course the thread has taken please take it to the ABF or YRC link because it has no bearing on Wilson. Thank you

Rugrunner and Jim Jones, this started off as a simple question that I replied to honestly. If you wish to continue the present course the thread has taken please take it to the ABF or YRC link because it has no bearing on Wilson. Thank you

Easyrider-I think it is really commendable that someone in your position takes the time to openly and honestly address the concerns of the drivers on this forum. This kind of concern is what made WTVA the company it is today. Bringing it to this forum makes this much more than a modern cb-radio.

Sorry to stick my nose in guys, thought I should Mod this thread a bit.

All opinions are in. Everyone already in the thread has had a fair chance to state their opinion. :chairshot: Obviously those opinions are different and aren't going to reconcile. Lets call this an agreement to disagree and not let the thread degrade. If anyone ELSE has info or an opinion and has not already thrown a hat into the ring, you may still feel free to contribute. :1036316054: