ABF | ABF U-Pak

trkrfr8

TB Lurker
Credits
I keep seeing those U-Pak crates around...saw some at the KC airport. Anybody know anything about that? Is it a big deal at ABF? Is it profitable for 'em?

Hey trkfr8, We used U-Pack. we made it from MO to SD and we would like to give a big THUMBS UP to ABF!! Our move was $2494.

ABF trailers are NOT truly 28 feet of storage capacity,when you book a whole trailer you are responsible to fit the RAMP on the truck after you have the whole truck loaded AND the bulkhead in place.The bulkhead also reduces your storage slightly,thus you must plan accordingly. I would even mention this when getting an estimate.Since you are truly only using 26 feet.I did call ABF and mention this after we loaded because I felt it unfair that we couldn't use all the space that we paid for.I was informed that I was given a discount for using a whole trailer so paying for 26 feet or 28 feet would be the same?

a sales rep at ABF U-Pack once told me that when people request a quote for 22 feet or more, they give a price for 22 through 28 feet because ABF can't load anything behind a shipment that occupies 22 feet or more. And the price for 22 through 28 feet is the same, no matter whether you use 22 feet or any number up through 28. I got the "$50 off" coupon from USPS.com

I know when a customer used a full trailer, we used to send the peddle driver that was in the area to pick up the ramp. We did this while I was in Miami and we do it here in Gainesville Ga.