ABF | ABF's Legacy

Semantics...ambiguity...connotation,what we have here is a bona fide 'provocateur'...You see,a casual objective observer who has never even heard of ABF,picks up a magazine and reads an article,while some other casual observer reads the same article on the internet about this 100 year old trucking company not only surviving,but thriving as a Union Teamster freight company...A 'positive' story,an ''American Success Story''!!!!...A story that every blue collar working class American can be 'proud' of!!!!...YES!!!!...But of course,NOT Blade...Why?...Because this whole ABF Legacy thread on this forum goes against his complete ''corporate narrative''...this is just one of his many corporate posts...''Submit to the realities of the 21st century or die''....This thread just blew his whole BS corporate narrative to SMITHEREENS,and he knows it,and that's why he lashed out with his subtle and provocative legacy post...Blade's a corporate water boy,a corporate Jamie Dimon wannabe who says he's not anti-union,but you know damn well he's not pro-union either...I've had my fill of men like Blade and his ''economic realities'' 40 years ago!!!!...and hear we are!!!!
Well said Cam1... you said it much better than I ever could have!

That shows just how pathetic he really is. If that doesn't embarrass him and make him feel as foolish and childish as he was by coming here and trying to rain on your parade... nothing will.

5217311373.jpg

I can warn a little more.....when you prove him wrong on any point, he ignores what you said and says nothing....he has done this with me many times....
I know... there are many of mine on the YRC threads that he has completely ignored. It just seems to me after you post facts and numbers that proves him wrong... he takes off like a thief in the night... lol

As Union members,as Teamsters,we understand we're facing an uphill battle,we have been for decades,we more then realize that obvious reality...Corporate America wants us gone and they've been fighting for decades to make that a reality...The Supreme Court vote last June 1st was almost another nail in the coffin..

https://www.npr.org/2023/06/01/1179...-but-left-strikers-rights-protections-untouch

That's why we can 'never' allow corporate mouthpieces like Blade to even get a foothold talking about Unions and Union rights...They have to be shouted down right away and called out for their anti-union BS...Like a cancer that would spread like wildfire,the way it has already on so many forums and web-sites...Can any of us predict the future?...of course not...but as Union members,as Teamsters,as Working Class Americans,we'll go down fighting and never live on our knees!!!!!

As Union members,as Teamsters,we understand we're facing an uphill battle,we have been for decades,we more then realize that obvious reality...Corporate America wants us gone and they've been fighting for decades to make that a reality...The Supreme Court vote last June 1st was almost another nail in the coffin..

https://www.npr.org/2023/06/01/1179...-but-left-strikers-rights-protections-untouch

That's why we can 'never' allow corporate mouthpieces like Blade to even get a foothold talking about Unions and Union rights...They have to be shouted down right away and called out for their anti-union BS...Like a cancer that would spread like wildfire,the way it has already on so many forums and web-sites...Can any of us predict the future?...of course not...but as Union members,as Teamsters,as Working Class Americans,we'll go down fighting and never live on our knees!!!!!
I dont work for a Union company but i dont want anymore to go away. I didnt want Yellow to go away. A lot of the better conditions we have now is because of what the Union did back in the day to fight corporations and did actually help the truck driver. Im glad to not have to run 18 hours a day and be forced to lie on logs to do it.

Way to split hairs blade.....everyone here understands exactly what the original poster and brother Docker are saying except for you....and by the way read the first line in that little box...it says exactly what you said the article didn't...."Live your legacy"....well known people (politicians, actors, CEOs) many of them worry about their legacies before death, because that is when you build a legacy...
Well 381, if you were a HOA Chairman I'm sure you would worry about your legacy also. :poke: :lmao::lmao:

I dont work for a Union company but i dont want anymore to go away. I didnt want Yellow to go away. A lot of the better conditions we have now is because of what the Union did back in the day to fight corporations and did actually help the truck driver. Im glad to not have to run 18 hours a day and be forced to lie on logs to do it.
Yes steercrazee,massive inequality is what happens when you tap out strong working class labor unions.Without a voice at the table workers are at the whims of their employer.A voice at the table in employer-employee relations translates up the political hierarchy to more worker,consumer,and debtor friendly policies at the state and federal level...

One thing that's often neglected is that the working class has lost our farm system for great orators to deliver rousing speeches,rally the working class and pound the national table for demands.'Local' labor unions helped foster young confident speakers who eventually wound up gravitating to political power centers.And yes,these guys weren't perfect,sometimes in bed with the mafia,but they also delivered substantial benefits to ALL blue collar working class Americans...Recently we've had corporate slick hustlers like Hoffa Jr. and others,and I'am not familiar with O'Brien,so we'll see what the future holds...Anyway,Thank You for your courteous and tactful post...

20 Plus years of Accident , Injury free work for ABF. I was treated with Contempt from Management every time they had their chance. Thats ABF'S Legacy with me! Signed Happily Retired
Sounds correct. Everyone gets their ego hurt when they believe they have been treated with contempt and disrespect. My personal way of handling this is to work less: just enough to collect my Health and Welfare and take the rest of the time off. Makes me feel better.