ABF | ABF's Operating Ratio for 3rd Quarter 2006 is 89.8

HillBilly Frog

TB Veteran
Credits
ABF's Operating Ratio for 3rd Quarter 2006 is 89.8

(Fort Smith, Arkansas, October 23, 2006) — Arkansas Best Corporation (Nasdaq: ABFS) today announced third quarter 2006 revenue of $507.3 million, an 11.2% per-day increase versus $463.3 million from continuing operations in the third quarter of 2005. Third quarter 2006 income from continuing operations was $1.24 per diluted share compared to $1.58 per diluted share in the third quarter of 2005. Excluding a previously disclosed after-tax settlement accounting charge of $0.02 per share, earnings were $1.26 per diluted share. This was an improvement of $0.06 per share over third quarter 2005 earnings from continuing operations of $1.20 per diluted share, after adjusting for a $0.38 per share gain on the sale of properties to G.I. Trucking Company.

ABF Press Release - ABF's Operating Ratio for 3rd Quarter 2006 is 89.8.

Outstanding for a company the size of BullFrog, so don't tell me some of the lesser paying companies can't pay their drivers what they deserve when we know what ABF pays.

ABFS Stock/Operating Ratio

The stock has taken a big hit today. Hard to figure why stock is down when the O/R is low. I am not a stock analyst so the reason is probably too complicated for me to understand.

Imagine how well they would perform without the blood sucking leeches called the IBT draining every last ounce of blood from them.

Relax guys....just kidding

Nice work ABF. A true professional, blue collar trucking company.

I tip my hat to you guys.

hillbilly frog said:
I thought they did. I haven't seen them ask too many of us blue collar types for any advice have you?

We had a meeting about 6 months ago just for the soul purpose how to help them do their jobs better. We got paid for 8hrs.

DCM_Doc said:
It would be intersting to see management operate the company by themselves.
I've only been with ABF for 2yrs but I've been a P&D driver for 38yrs & EVERY morning as I walk down the dock I scratch my head & wonder how the hell this company makes money.

I guess that it's lucky for me that management does operate the company by themselves.

Thats why this company works so well. Everyone knows what their job is and why. We hire the best talent for each position on the team, from top to botom. CEO to janitor. Now if we only had the tools of a world class operator, more comfortable easier to operate road tractors, we could easily increase productivity. This company would be unstoppable and unbeatable.

Hillbilly Frog
Hey you old outlaw I see that you are still trucking so I guess that means that ABF is at least making enough to pay their road taxes.
Don't know whether you remember me or not its been a long time since I posted anything in fact so long that everything has changed had to register again and everything
I used to work for YFS and then retired to New Mexico every now and then I would post as the Midnight Skullker. Hope you and yours have a wonderful and happy turkey day.

Thats why this company works so well. Everyone knows what their job is and why. We hire the best talent for each position on the team, from top to botom. CEO to janitor. Now if we only had the tools of a world class operator, more comfortable easier to operate road tractors, we could easily increase productivity. This company would be unstoppable and unbeatable.

definaty nice to hear something positive some has to say :1036316054: