TForce | ? about UPS hiring p/t for UPS Cartage/UPS Supply Chain Solutions

Outsider

TB Lurker
Credits
Hello. I'm in Indpls. and i applied last week for a position here for p/t freight p/u delivery driver. I got a call yesterday and should be going in for an interview later this week. The hours are 9pm til 1am, mon-sat. My question is what exactly is UPS Cartage? And is it something that could lead to full-time? Is this division a part of the feeder? Any info on this subject would be great. I have 16 years doubles experience and worked the last 10 years at Fedex Freight. I have my own business and left Fedex last year to operate my own business full-time and now it's not doing so well. The hours sound perfect and i'm a patient person.

Thanks...Outsider

UPS Cartage used to be a company called Menlo. As far as I know they are covered by a Teamster contract and handle specialty type freight, air pallets, military, usps pallets etc. The ones I see have a terminal next to the UPS air terminal and get loaded with bulk and pallets while my trailers get cans full of individual pkgs. So they are a part of UPS but not feeders or freight. Good luck with the job!
Gary.