ABF | ? about winter work

ultraman

TB Lurker
Credits
Fella's i got hired on in June.Last month my hours started going down and now it's been over two weeks without a call- in. Before that i was doing one day a week.I'm on the xtra board.I'm trying to hold on and stay as I've heard ABF is about as good as a place your going to find to work, being union and all.I've found seasonal work with a fuel company. The fuel company said they willl run me till about FEB-maybe start of march. What if I miss to many call ins, if they do call at all ? Should I up and quit the fuel biz around the start of feb in case ABF starts calling ? sorry for the questions but my other job did not slow down in the winter,so this is new to me.Just don't want to get jammed up with ABF while trying to get through the winter.

just wanted 2 let u know it gets slow normaly after the holidays. they will proubly use u for hunting season. after that youl b laid off. till spring unless u have men retirering. Its slow they just laid off 23 drivers at 042. If u dont get a call after three weeks u r laid off. hang in there when things pick up youl b ok it takes time. keep in contact with your t m. and tell him yours plans 2 pay your bills. he should under stand. lots of luck.

Thanks for the info. I sat for a week or two pondering if i should get something else going and finally decided that i should if I wanted a paycheck coming in.Unemployment turned me down cause I stated on the app i wouldn;t work at night as i was doing night dock at abf and waiting on the call from the barn. said in order to qualify you have to be available at all times unless in school -blah, blah,blah. well at least i found something to get me by.