Averitt | ABS light

ltl lifer

Sr. Citizen & Gold Member
Credits
Does anyone know what the proper operation of a trailer ABS light is? I have heard plugin light cord and the abs light should come on for 3 seconds and go off. I have also heard a lot of other theories.

The rumor mill has it that this worthless little light has become a favorite item of DOT and that hefty fines have been handed out along with those coveted CSA points (ridiculous) and that several by-the-book drivers have refused to pull the trailers.

Since we are so well trained and informed by an ultra knowledgeable as well as communicative company, I wonder if anyone knows for sure what the procedure is.

CSA= government meddling into areas they don't know :::shit::: about.

I've also wondered this. At one time my truck was setting the light off and for a week straight I had atleast one abs light glowing on a trailer...

I saw an official response from corporate on how to handle this issue last week, ask your supervisor for a copy.

Does anyone know what the proper operation of a trailer ABS light is? I have heard plugin light cord and the abs light should come on for 3 seconds and go off. I have also heard a lot of other theories.

The rumor mill has it that this worthless little light has become a favorite item of DOT and that hefty fines have been handed out along with those coveted CSA points (ridiculous) and that several by-the-book drivers have refused to pull the trailers.

Since we are so well trained and informed by an ultra knowledgeable as well as communicative company, I wonder if anyone knows for sure what the procedure is.

CSA= government meddling into areas they don't know :::shit::: about.

Lifer

I don't know for sure, but I think hooking and unhooking to and from trailers will set the ABS light off. At the front of the trailer axles there is a little black box. If the light is red, you can take any standard magnet, wave it back and forth in front of the lights on the box, kinda like waving a bar code. It will reset the ABS system and the light should turn green. In the first few miles after resetting, if the light comes back on, you have problems that a shop needs to look at.

This is coming from a dumb truck driver, but that is what I have done in the past.

Lifer

I don't know for sure, but I think hooking and unhooking to and from trailers will set the ABS light off. At the front of the trailer axles there is a little black box. If the light is red, you can take any standard magnet, wave it back and forth in front of the lights on the box, kinda like waving a bar code. It will reset the ABS system and the light should turn green. In the first few miles after resetting, if the light comes back on, you have problems that a shop needs to look at.

This is coming from a dumb truck driver, but that is what I have done in the past.
I guess I'll get a magnet! Thanks rodedawg.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk