Yellow | absenteeism

can you put a copy of this letter up so I can print it out

I have the letter. It's from 2004. Copy/Paste/Print

ATTN: All CDL Class A Drivers

Local 24 to Mark O. term manager 211(akron) dated 12 mar 2004. I

"I am writing you to bring your attention a decision by Administrative Law judge Richard A Morgan in the above matter,Pursuant to Whistleblower action under the Surface Transportation Assistance Act,49 USC 31105, challenging the employers decision to discipline and terminate him."

The Judge's recommended Decision and Order included the following entry: Roadway's Akron facility's policy of issuing letters of warning to drivers who have no personal vacation days,sick leave or annual leave days available and do not qualify for family medical leave and who take (a)sick day(s)because their ability or alertness to drive is so impaired or so likely to become impaired , through fatigue,illness or any other cause , as to make it unsafe for him/her to begin or continue to operate the motor vehicle violated the Surface Transportation Assistance Act in this matter.

Roadway is not the only carrier that has in the past disciplined, and is currently disciplining, drivers under the above circumstances. Local 24 believes that carriers which continue to unlawfully discipline drivers in violation of the STAA will face legal action for doing so.

Therefore, this letter will serve as a protest to all warning letters issued to CDL drivers at your facility and respectfully request that the company no longer discipline CDL drivers for being off work due to illness, fatigue or injury.

Sincerely
T W Bornstien
President
Teamsters Local No.24

I have the letter. It's from 2004. Copy/Paste/Print

ATTN: All CDL Class A Drivers

Local 24 to Mark O. term manager 211(akron) dated 12 mar 2004. I

"I am writing you to bring your attention a decision by Administrative Law judge Richard A Morgan in the above matter,Pursuant to Whistleblower action under the Surface Transportation Assistance Act,49 USC 31105, challenging the employers decision to discipline and terminate him."

The Judge's recommended Decision and Order included the following entry: Roadway's Akron facility's policy of issuing letters of warning to drivers who have no personal vacation days,sick leave or annual leave days available and do not qualify for family medical leave and who take (a)sick day(s)because their ability or alertness to drive is so impaired or so likely to become impaired , through fatigue,illness or any other cause , as to make it unsafe for him/her to begin or continue to operate the motor vehicle violated the Surface Transportation Assistance Act in this matter.

Roadway is not the only carrier that has in the past disciplined, and is currently disciplining, drivers under the above circumstances. Local 24 believes that carriers which continue to unlawfully discipline drivers in violation of the STAA will face legal action for doing so.

Therefore, this letter will serve as a protest to all warning letters issued to CDL drivers at your facility and respectfully request that the company no longer discipline CDL drivers for being off work due to illness, fatigue or injury.

Sincerely
T W Bornstien
President
Teamsters Local No.24

I made copys of this letter, I turn one in with every absenteeism letter I get.