ACI Motor Freight

mlang216

TB Lurker
Credits
I've been looking to get into the LTL field for a while now. I was sidetracked when the DPS screwed up my hazmat paperwork, but now I have it. Anyway, I've been looking around at large LTLs and smaller ones and I came across ACI Motor Freight here in Dallas, TX.

If anyone here knows anything about this company I'd love to know.

Thanks.

I worked for them almost 20 years ago,based out of Wichita Ks. They were good people to drive for,as you would expect as a smaller outfit they can't pay what the big guys pay or offer the same level of benefits but they try hard. You could do a lot worse

Yes sir. Thank you. I'm hoping they can do better than the other two smaller ones who have top rates at or below 19 and .41. I like the idea of family owned though. I'm looking for $20/hour and .46.

Yes sir. Thank you. I'm hoping they can do better than the other two smaller ones who have top rates at or below 19 and .41. I like the idea of family owned though. I'm looking for $20/hour and .46.

i never heard of them, but i certainly have heard of "family owned"...

this is sometimes good, and sometimes bad.

sometimes there is "in fighting" and this makes for a bad place to work. all because someone wants to make cutbacks in one thing or another. all companies make cutbacks, but in a family owned situation, it can be VERY volatile....if one person in the company owns more "shares" than another, trust me.....the mere thought of a shutdown, is an all too REAL threat.

then sometimes money "goes missing", and the blame game continues. many times, family owned business's go under, when you least expect it, like when you are on the road, miles from home, and the fuel card is shut off. (but so do larger companies as well).

i have seen more "family owned" businesses go under than survive. since they are smaller, pay rates "may not" always be industry standard. health benefits may be sub-standard. sometimes they have brand new equipment, which means they pay peanuts.

you really ought to catch up with some of thier drivers, and ask THEM how the company is to work for.

talk to 10 drivers, throw out what 5 say, then take the remaining 5 what they say, and take that with a grain of salt.

if just one driver says he has been there 20+ years (or more), he may be the type of guy that just puts up with the BS no matter what, cuz he has a job, and doesn't like to move around.

family owned can be an ideal place to work at...

or

a nightmare you wish you could wake up from....as everyone is trying to kiss the owner(s) ass to make himself look good, so look out for "company rats"........

good luck, but for me...given the way things are, companies going out of business, taxes not being paid, benefits not available or not being kept current, HR records nearly non-existent (in other words, try to get another job if they close down).....i stay away from such business's, as i have been burnt myself, and learned MY lesson......

i'll take my chance with bigger corporate owned companies. (just not the mega-carriers)

i never heard of them, but i certainly have heard of "family owned"...

this is sometimes good, and sometimes bad.

sometimes there is "in fighting" and this makes for a bad place to work. all because someone wants to make cutbacks in one thing or another. all companies make cutbacks, but in a family owned situation, it can be VERY volatile....if one person in the company owns more "shares" than another, trust me.....the mere thought of a shutdown, is an all too REAL threat.

then sometimes money "goes missing", and the blame game continues. many times, family owned business's go under, when you least expect it, like when you are on the road, miles from home, and the fuel card is shut off. (but so do larger companies as well).

i have seen more "family owned" businesses go under than survive. since they are smaller, pay rates "may not" always be industry standard. health benefits may be sub-standard. sometimes they have brand new equipment, which means they pay peanuts.

you really ought to catch up with some of thier drivers, and ask THEM how the company is to work for.

talk to 10 drivers, throw out what 5 say, then take the remaining 5 what they say, and take that with a grain of salt.

if just one driver says he has been there 20+ years (or more), he may be the type of guy that just puts up with the BS no matter what, cuz he has a job, and doesn't like to move around.

family owned can be an ideal place to work at...

or

a nightmare you wish you could wake up from....as everyone is trying to kiss the owner(s) ass to make himself look good, so look out for "company rats"........

good luck, but for me...given the way things are, companies going out of business, taxes not being paid, benefits not available or not being kept current, HR records nearly non-existent (in other words, try to get another job if they close down).....i stay away from such business's, as i have been burnt myself, and learned MY lesson......

i'll take my chance with bigger corporate owned companies. (just not the mega-carriers)

Good point