ABF | Act of God!

AkitaDog

TB Regular
Credits
Shut us down here in the Northeast due to the weather. It's been snowing for the last 20 hours or so and they have a ban on the interstates!

Not Western Penna. Coldest day in March on record.....-3 degrees.........We ran the mountains........Somerset,.....Farmington,.....Two lane back roads,..........Tunnelton road back to Saltsburg...Three trucks wouldn't start even though they were plugged in ,....two had key locks frozen,.........Converter gears iced up,....handles wouldn't latch,........Towmotor caught on fire on the dock,..........someone left the heater on,........I fell down twice on ice,.........Luckily I was wearing 40 pounds of extra clothing,.....All I damaged was my dignity,..........three runs didn't leave the yard until 10:00,.........Blinding snow in the gaps between the hills on 119,..........Streets blocked because idiots can't get their cars within 3 feet of the curbs,....so let's park side-by-side,...........Someone tell me again why I'm not retired,...........Someone tell me why we took a pay cut.......Someone tell me why we're working in 18th century conditions in the 21st century..........And,.....Bless you guys in the far Northeast,.......you got all the problems we have,...plus eight feet of snow...........ABF should award everyone in New England the Distinguished Freight Cross........Quick,.....Someone find Judy at whatever warm resort she's at, and let her know we're working hard to make her rich........

I feel your pain brother! We been fighting this same ::shit:: for 2 months.Been shut down three times,trucks won't start,trucks getting stuck,snow drifts 2 feet deep on trailer roofs waiting on vendors to clean them off! It's been a night mare up here in New England to say the least!Once all the freight lanes open up were all going to buried in freight which is going to be a night mare in it self!The O.R.this quarter is going to be real ugly for sure.

Not Western Penna. Coldest day in March on record.....
Isn't it funny how they can create a statistic for anything? All they have to do is work a little verbiage around and viola statistic found. -3 would certainly not be a record low for Steel City but wait, it's in March so we have something. And if that won't cover it maybe we could figure out where we stand when we include Standard Daylight Time. Or maybe it could be the first day of the first quarter of the new moon of the second term in one man's presidency. We'll get it one way or another.

But......We all love statistics!.......and data collection!......Just ask your TM..........Oh,....By the way,.....You did see that we've missed the...."bonus"...threshold by 1.3%? The last year cumulative O.R. was 97.3%,........."bonuses".....given out at 96%..............Excuse me,....I've got to do a data dump.......Hope we're not out of paper.........

But......We all love statistics!.......and data collection!......Just ask your TM..........Oh,....By the way,.....You did see that we've missed the...."bonus"...threshold by 1.3%? The last year cumulative O.R. was 97.3%,........."bonuses".....given out at 96%..............Excuse me,....I've got to do a data dump.......Hope we're not out of paper.........
If you do run out of paper you can always use your shiny new uniform as a replacement. I see the uniform program as one way to spend money to keep the O.R. down to prevent having to share the wealth with us.

If any damage or loss of uniforms belonging to Cintas happens, will be be required to pay them ? If we make a pair of shorts out of the long pants, do we owe them for damages?

If any damage or loss of uniforms belonging to Cintas happens, will be be required to pay them ? If we make a pair of shorts out of the long pants, do we owe them for damages?
I expect that any accidental damage will be repaired by Cintas as part of the program. I would expect to have to pay for any uniform piece that I damaged willfully but this is a question to ask when they come in for the measurements.

But,.....What if I really, really want to cut the sleeves off, so I can show off the tattoos on my scrawny arms? And,......I'm a belt'n'suspender man,......mainly cause I wear the pants so low on my hips the wind whistles through my butt crack when I bend over.......Does Cintas tailor-make uniforms to fit my .......unique,........style?

But,.....What if I really, really want to cut the sleeves off, so I can show off the tattoos on my scrawny arms? And,......I'm a belt'n'suspender man,......mainly cause I wear the pants so low on my hips the wind whistles through my butt crack when I bend over.......Does Cintas tailor-make uniforms to fit my .......unique,........style?
I would ask you for a picture but I'm afraid I won't be able to unsee it