Averitt | ADIO's TO A BETTER IDEA

jeepman

Truckload Mercenary
Credits
Remember when they bought these...Oh the WONDERFUL write up about how great these trucks were...so on and so forth...well I guess they were not such a great idea after all,jsut like the battery powered APU's...or the BOAT ANCHOR PROSTAR sleeper trucks..what's next SPRING RIDE TRAILERS...How about the desk jockeys speak with the people actually involed in the use of the equipment,instead of the maintenance people and the bean counters!
2qnz2wp.jpg

:LMAO:

Last edited by a moderator:
From what I was told International was off on their projected MPG for these lighter duty trucks.

True,but they turned out to be "SHOP QUEENS" they broke down alot,could'nt handle the day to day P&D's with the 53's when out and about.

The P&D guys I speak with just Love their OLD Frtlnr and Volvo single axle tractors....AVRT should just run all of them thru NAS and do a COMPLETE rebuild on them if the driver's like them so much. It would be so much cheaper than buying a unproven truck.....the single axle tractors have no resale value anyways!

The problem with the MaxxForce engine is that they need to be set and run at FACTORY SPEC's,not company spec's which chokes them off!

We were told that International agreed on a "buy back" allowance on new Intl. sleepers to compensate for our problems.

This was junk from the start. Pile 30k on a 53' trailer in a hilly terrain and you had no luck. Wouldn't do the job. Must have been under advice from a former Conway genius.

These shop queens are being traded in and will be replaced with Pro Star sleepers, one for one.. Aren't you sleeper drivers the lucky ones!

New found fact: International promised 8.0 mpg, 6 months in we noticed low 5.0mpg's at best. International bought back all units because of lack of fuel savings as promised.

Listening to those prostars come through the yard they sound like fuelhogs. The team drivers I know like the Cascadias the best of all.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Listening to those prostars come through the yard they sound like fuelhogs. The team drivers I know like the Cascadias the best of all.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
Just pulled a load from JMS to Pompano Beach Fl....TRIP AVG 9 mpg 910 miles...My ProStar is OK, The 400Hp ISX is a SLUG...but it get's fuel mileage...that all the Bean Counters
care about. Saw D Broyles at the JMS cookout on Thurs...got the GREAT satisfaction of informing him that my ProStar is my LAST Averitt truck, I'll 62 on the 12th, and by the time they trade 14286 off I'll be LOOOOONG GONE!:smilie93C_peelout:

From what I was told International was off on their projected MPG for these lighter duty trucks.

From what I was told these little worthless trucks wouldn't pull a sick ***** out of bed. The guys in hilly terrain couldn't pull any weight. Good riddance.

what's next SPRING RIDE TRAILERS:

Jeep, was just reading back through this thread and read where you said this back in March of this year. You must be clairvoyant !! Little did I know in March that I would beg to pull an old 63-9xxx or 8xxx over one of these rough riding "spring ride" trailers.

Also, did you take this photo on the DAL yard? I see all of those stacks of PODS in the background.