Advice on getting back in

PaladinJack

TB Lurker
Credits
Hi all,

I drove for Werner about three years ago, and got out of it for a while. Went to get back in and found that the state had pulled my CDL since I didn't keep up on my medical, and now they're telling me I have to do the permit/road test dance again, basically start over from scratch.

Does anyone have any advice on how to do this? I don't exactly have a rig in my back pocket and I don't know any drivers. The school that trained me wants three grand for me to go through a "road test prep" course and that'd be fine except I don't have three grand. What I need is some practice (I'm rusty) and a truck and trailer for the road test -- anyone have any suggestions on ways I might be able to arrange those things?

Thanks!

Getting it back sucks and that is why many maintain it long after they retire, it's a safety net. The best way for you to go is through a tech school if you have one in your area. It will still cost you some money but it would be the best way to go.

Hi all,

I drove for Werner about three years ago, and got out of it for a while. Went to get back in and found that the state had pulled my CDL since I didn't keep up on my medical, and now they're telling me I have to do the permit/road test dance again, basically start over from scratch.

Does anyone have any advice on how to do this? I don't exactly have a rig in my back pocket and I don't know any drivers. The school that trained me wants three grand for me to go through a "road test prep" course and that'd be fine except I don't have three grand. What I need is some practice (I'm rusty) and a truck and trailer for the road test -- anyone have any suggestions on ways I might be able to arrange those things?

Thanks!
Where are you? If you're in the Indpls area, pm me...

Hi all,

Thanks!
3 Grand for "training" well trained driver? They are f...n crazy!