Advice on getting back in

Discussion in 'The Drivers Lounge' started by PaladinJack, Jun 9, 2017.

1. PaladinJack

PaladinJack New Member

Hi all,

I drove for Werner about three years ago, and got out of it for a while. Went to get back in and found that the state had pulled my CDL since I didn't keep up on my medical, and now they're telling me I have to do the permit/road test dance again, basically start over from scratch.

Does anyone have any advice on how to do this? I don't exactly have a rig in my back pocket and I don't know any drivers. The school that trained me wants three grand for me to go through a "road test prep" course and that'd be fine except I don't have three grand. What I need is some practice (I'm rusty) and a truck and trailer for the road test -- anyone have any suggestions on ways I might be able to arrange those things?

Thanks!

2. ABFer

ABFer Super Moderator Staff Member

Getting it back sucks and that is why many maintain it long after they retire, it's a safety net. The best way for you to go is through a tech school if you have one in your area. It will still cost you some money but it would be the best way to go.

Apostolic and Stimpy like this.
  3. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

Where are you? If you're in the Indpls area, pm me...

4. Brian Junior

Brian Junior DOFT $50M ICO!!!

3 Grand for "training" well trained driver? They are f...n crazy!

5. Cerberus_Kelpie

Cerberus_Kelpie Wings Over the World!

Make SURE the school is *P.T.D.I.* CERTIFIED or you'll have WASTED your Money and Time.
    *Professional Truck Drivers Institute*
    LOOKIE HERE
    CHEERS!!