ODFL | AM/FM radios in Cascadias

Sirius/XM flat/wallet style antenna c clamped to a plate wielded on a vice grip. Clamp to mirror frame on Columbia's or lay on dash of Cascadia or on door bar.. Some do same for CB antenna. I do shop drop off switches at times during my run. Takes about a minute to unplug and replug. I just run a Sirius boom box and only have a hand held CB. For emergency or to help other drivers.

all new trucks have speakers in doors we hooked up our radio and use trucks ants and trucks speakers just have to mute sleeper speakers

You just need to have the shop wire the radio.Also,you can't perm. mount a radio in the dash.The shop has to do it.So it's ok to use the plug in.But,just have the shop do the wiring.I think it has alot to do with the service center's management.
i heard installing a radio in the dash was a big no-no, can anybody confirm this?

Also,have had to have shop install fuse's in both 2014&2012 model's.Freightliner doesn't install fuses for the radio from the factory.Have had no problem with them doing this.So if you get in one&it doesn't work.That is the problem

Were told even using the plug in is against rules. We were not given notice and drivers had their radios ripped out by shop.

Under the blank cover is an antenna cable and a plug for a radio.Although maybe the plug has to be installed.I've seen a few truck with in dash radios installed.Mostly CIC trucks since those are pretty much 24 hour line trucks.

BTW one of our new drivers has a radio built into a small bucket that he can carry with him.Not sure the size.Something less than a gallon.

Seen some Sirius antennas with a magnet that can be put on top of the cab.It's pretty strong,doesn't seem to move at all.

Sound's smart to me.Why I would spend has much has OD spend's&driver's treat the equipment like trash.Why would they put radio's in truck's for the driver's to rip button's off&tear up.Then they would be deadline in shop for a "Radio"Yes,I have seen the inside of SAIA's equipment.Not very impressive to me..WOW!!!I got a dash install'd radio.WOOP!!!WOOP!!!Every driver uses there on mind to set up the equipment they want&what work's for them.
Dang yall this is alot if trouble just to have a radio Glad I work for SAIA. All our trucks have radios

Chill driver didn't mean to upset you I see the inside of a saia truck every night and sure every now and then I get one that's a little ragged but not very often still alot nicer than a union tractor

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

:guiness:I'm alway's cool.Now you just have to go there.First it's SAIA has this.Now you going to throw the 5 letter word into the mix:stirthepot:
Chill driver didn't mean to upset you I see the inside of a saia truck every night and sure every now and then I get one that's a little ragged but not very often still alot nicer than a union tractor

I'm cool as a cucumber dude your the one that's all bent out of shape and as far as a union truck goes the last big r or yellow I seen had the bare necessities

My union truck at New Penn is very nice. Air ride, Power Windows, power and heated mirrors, nice speakers and a drivers arm rest. What more could you want.

Here we go.Thank's ******* jockey for all the help.Something's just need to be left along.But,know you just had to bring up the big letter 5.Thank's driver:Rulz:

Here we go.Thank's ******* jockey for all the help.Something's just need to be left along.But,know you just had to bring up the big letter 5.Thank's driver:Rulz:

Apparently its ok for one of your illustrious od drivers to start crap on the union company boards though