TForce | Analysts contemplate a Yellow bankruptcy: Who stands to win if LTL carrier fails?

Dockworker

TB Legend
Super Moderator
PREMIUM
Credits
He drew on comparisons to the 2002 failure of Consolidated Freightways, the third-largest LTL carrier at the time. That company was generating more than $2 billion in revenue with 20,000 employees, 14,500 of whom were Teamsters.….
TD Cowen Analyst Jason Seidl said union carriers like ABF Freight, an ArcBest (NASDAQ: ARCB) subsidiary, and TForce Freight, a TFI International (NYSE: TFII) company, would likely be the biggest winners of Yellow’s $5.2 billion slice of the LTL industry…..

Hopefully they come to some sort of agreement so this doesn’t actually happen.

Analysts contemplate a Yellow bankruptcy: Who stands to win if LTL carrier fails?

TFI is just too poorly run at the moment to benefit from this IMHO.......it will harm you more in the long run to take customers freight and show them your operation is sub-par and at the moment we are. My money would be on SAIA getting to the next level along with ESTES expanding further. TFI getting to their LTL goals is gonna need alot of organic improvements with employees buying into the vision before they can roll with the major players.

It looks like yellow may finally fold. They bled through a 700 million dollar bailout in 4 years.
Not wishing them to fold, but it is just about the worst run company ever . It is a miracle they made it this far .
Yup....strike 3 your out. Union gave them a chance, Gov gave them a chance and they squandered it all. Time to let capitalism do what it does when you run a business poorly. I do feel for the families that will be impacted though.

TFI is just too poorly run at the moment to benefit from this IMHO.......it will harm you more in the long run to take customers freight and show them your operation is sub-par and at the moment we are. My money would be on SAIA getting to the next level along with ESTES expanding further. TFI getting to their LTL goals is gonna need alot of organic improvements with employees buying into the vision before they can roll with the major players.
Why is it going to take the employees buying into anything? TFI doesn't want any input from their employees, especially when it comes to LTL... unlike UPS, TFI knows LTL, and hopefully they get back to some LTL basics instead of putting everything on rail. Also get back to next day and 2nd day operations, the core of LTL.
Stop putting this garbage on the employees... sheesh, we took 3 subpar contracts so far, how much more help do they want?

I think most their profitable freight will move to yellows other ltl company Saia.
Yellow bought Saia In the 90's
www.fleetowner.com/news/article/21680892/yellow-spinning-off-ltl-subsidiaries

Yellow spinning off LTL subsidiaries​

March 15, 2002
Transportation conglomerate Yellow Corp. plans to spin off its regional LTL subsidiaries Saia Motor Freight and Jevic Transportation by year's end.

Note the 2002 date. Yellow does not own SAIA and has not for many years.

Why is it going to take the employees buying into anything? TFI doesn't want any input from their employees, especially when it comes to LTL... unlike UPS, TFI knows LTL, and hopefully they get back to some LTL basics instead of putting everything on rail. Also get back to next day and 2nd day operations, the core of LTL.
Stop putting this garbage on the employees... sheesh, we took 3 subpar contracts so far, how much more help do they want?
The crux of my text was that the employees are gonna have to get acclimated to the changes eventually to be implemented by TFI. We all have to row in the same direction to get it done and make it better, but I see you still stuck on the 3 subpar contracts negotiated by the HOFFA TEAMSTERS WITH UPS. No gun to your head, no chain gang and this certainly is not a plantation yet free to go anywhere you thought better you stayed those 15 years. You know why? Because our contracts have never been subpar…..Look WE ALL wanted more sure but this is still one of the best gigs in town and you can’t recoup all what you feel we didn’t get those last 3 contracts….thats done. We can try to make it better contract-wise with the new teamsters regime in place. TFI had nothing to do with those old contracts so we shall see.

Yellow hauls trash penny freight, otherwise they would be making money.
Central is also a penny carrier, so they would stand to benefit most.
ABF don't touch cheap freight so they won't see much of a change.
A lot of this trash freight may no longer be penny freight.
Shippers may have to pay a higher rate to get their product hauled.

The crux of my text was that the employees are gonna have to get acclimated to the changes eventually to be implemented by TFI. We all have to row in the same direction to get it done and make it better, but I see you still stuck on the 3 subpar contracts negotiated by the HOFFA TEAMSTERS WITH UPS. No gun to your head, no chain gang and this certainly is not a plantation yet free to go anywhere you thought better you stayed those 15 years. You know why? Because our contracts have never been subpar…..Look WE ALL wanted more sure but this is still one of the best gigs in town and you can’t recoup all what you feel we didn’t get those last 3 contracts….thats done. We can try to make it better contract-wise with the new teamsters regime in place. TFI had nothing to do with those old contracts so we shall see.
Not stuck on it, but stick with it. How many times can a person vote no?

No gun pointed to my head, chain gang, ect ect… and I stayed … and there’s the door… stating the obvious clearly noted. I’m sure that’s all in the management handbook.

And acclimating, that’s what we do, again it goes back to the employee doesn’t make the decisions here, UPS did, TFI does. We have been acclimating to this the whole time. And we will acclimate with this contract no matter the vote.

I guess your terminal was operated different then the ones I’ve been at.
Some major violations that were never accounted for. And I did hit the door to a different terminal that… well, didn’t violate as many articles.

No no.. I’m still here. Eagerly awaiting the contract.
Oh, got you mixed up with someone else .
I am just a long time employee who doesn't care anymore. If I died tomorrow neither the union or the company would even notice . I just want to work and go home. I am just a number to both the company and the union.