Yellow | Announcement of stock buy back?

jacksauce

TB Lurker
Credits
Does this concern anyone? In his 2nd quarter earnings report, Zollars made several statements stating the economy had shown signs of stability, our footprints were in line for the velocity employee with great response from the customers,we were financially sound, and looking at well over a 1.25 in EPS(earnings per share) for the 3rd quarter. This naturally gave the stock a nice boost, he even had analysts on CNBC touting the stock, saying that YRC had turned the corner. Only to say just prior to 3rd quarter earnings, that the cost of fuel and the decline in the economy was forcing him to lower guidance on the EPS, only to report on the conference call that the company had suffered a significant loss for the quarter. My question is this. Was YRC just buying time then because they were trying to delay what is happening right now? And now with these announcements of wage reductions, you see another spike in the stock price, creating more smoke and mirrors. Last week at this time, the stock got as low as 1.20, only to recover slightly and gain even more with these announcements. My concern is this. When every attempt to convince the investing community that we will survive this is exhausted, what will be next? How long before the inevitable happens and the price is zero? Is this request for concessions just to buy more time? And how long before they admit they've tried everything and our checks start bouncing? Everyone here has worked hard to make this company as profitable as possible, only to have the company mismanage it all away. Now they want us to give them more straight from our pockets, to mismanage once again.

You got it! The Z-man does speak with a forked tongue..It's called politics...Tell them what they want to hear....He's the one that has to look himself in the mirror everyday...At some point after he has ruined enough lives it will hit him...He will be all alone with nothing but $ and will ask himself, was it really worth it....it will come full circle..

I don't think he's got a problem looking in the mirror, he's probably quite content with himself. It's our children that have to suffer because of his incompetance. I've seen alot of my fellow workers lives ruined in the past couple years, and the ripple effect I'm afraid will only continue.

His conscience will get him in the end. I'm sure of it!..And yes, our children will feel this. As his grand kids will also in the end..