Estes | Annual Rebids

I don't have a clue. Nobodys talking about it. My guess would be March 2011. I don't see why rebids are necessary if everyone already bid on what they wanted and they placed the bidders by seniority. If we rebid i'm going to bid on an office spot maybe a saftey manager or something.

We got a memo regarding rebidding this past January (2010). I don't know how to do the scan and post thing, so here's what the cover sheet says:

ATTN: ALL DRIVERS; TEAM LINE HAUL, SINGLE, HUB AND CITY

We have completed the survey for the annual re-posting of the runs. We will begin posting annually in the east. The vote was a 2 to 1 margin in favor of the annual re-posting. That will normally happen in November to take effect the following January. The dates will be confirmed late in the year.

The rest of the cover page concerned the rebid of 2010, followed by the "Guidelines for assigning schedule runs".

So, there's your official unofficial response- until a different official response is officially responded to. (In other words, just because it was carved in stone in January, doesn't necessarily mean anything!)

Hopefully they will have enough freight to have scheduled runs to bid on. Starting to get slow already.

[quote author=mildew link=topic=82791.msg855872#msg855872 date=1281198367]
Hopefully they will have enough freight to have scheduled runs to bid on. Starting to get slow already.
[/quote]

Now that's scarey. They took one of our schedulled runs away from us the last rebid, then told us to rebid on what's left. Not fun to be at the bottom at this point.

Thnx for the replies guys, I don't know about slowing down, this is my first day off in the last 14 days. We have been busy here extra loads every night. I was just curious I had some guys ask me and I have know Idea about the rebids...Thanks again, God bless and keeper safe! :grouphug:

as was said supposed to be in november
and as i said in past, it should be done in mid march when freight picks up, so reg runs are set, not runs cancelled in nov, then bid then start them in january then post new bids in march but nobody can bid on them cause 90 days arn't up, doesnt make sense.

That 90 day thing is bendable.
I probably spoke too soon on the no freight thing. It always slows down at the beginning of the month. The stock mkt fell a good bit after hearing the no job growth news also. The dems are blaming everything on Greece and that other country over yonder. Lol

The city start times were rebid. They try real hard to keep everyone happy. Best place to work in America. :buttkisser:

Well the only way this place would get better is if they would make two Boards ROAD AND CITY, and bid by the time you have with the company.
I loved how a guy with less then a year got it better then me, just because I was Linehaul and got majorly screwed after spending over 8 years on Linehaul.
The Classification thing SUCKS!!!
:rant:

[quote author=INTOTHENOW link=topic=82791.msg858482#msg858482 date=1281736232]
Well the only way this place would get better is if they would make two Boards ROAD AND CITY, and bid by the time you have with the company.
I loved how a guy with less then a year got it better then me, just because I was Linehaul and got majorly screwed after spending over 8 years on Linehaul.
The Classification thing SUCKS!!!
:rant:
[/quote]

I'm with ya 100% Never know.. this might be the year they get it right :dance:

I know some terminals will do the right thing regardless what the policy says. A six month guy shouldn't step in front of anyone that has been here a while