SAIA | another 5% meeting tomorrow

craigie

TB Lurker
Credits
just got the word from a linehaul driver that we will be asked to take another 5% cut tomorrow:TR10driving03:

just got the word from a linehaul driver that we will be asked to take another 5% cut tomorrow:TR10driving03:

Breakroom rumors, now there's a reliable fount of information.

I'll bet he heard it from a clerk who heard it from a part time dock hand who heard it from the cleaning crew. :TR10driving03:

Told would be more like it. i really hope it doesn't happen. The first 5% didn't hurt too bad, but another? It would kinda **** me off if they asked me to take another 5% for their **** up. The quarterly report basically said our o/r sucked b/c our salesmen sold cheap freight. I do know there is a meeting in ATL for everyone. They have the times spaced out so that everyone can attend.

he got the information from your mom.

Considering she's been dead for about three years that's quite an accomplishment. Now that really makes me wonder how wild the rumor is.

There was a quarterly meeting held @ the terminal laydown point I was at. No mention was made of any wage reduction.

Told would be more like it. i really hope it doesn't happen. The first 5% didn't hurt too bad, but another? It would kinda **** me off if they asked me to take another 5% for their **** up. The quarterly report basically said our o/r sucked b/c our salesmen sold cheap freight. I do know there is a meeting in ATL for everyone. They have the times spaced out so that everyone can attend.

It's not all about cheap freight. Saia and all other LTL companies operate to keep the shipper happy and that is fine. BUT the consignee is just as important. Think about this. Your consignee gets upset with you because you always deliver late in the day,end of their shift, or at closing time. Who gets the blame?? YOU DO. Who does that reflect back on? Your company. LTL companies are walking that fine line with the shipper on one side and doom on the other. That leaves very little room to walk. Add the consignee to that equation and give yourself a wider line to follow. Keep the consignee happy and the shipper happy and you will get the business. I never said it would be easy but if Corp. would focus on keeping shippers happy (putting on drivers to meet the demands) the drivers will do their part getting to the consignee earlier keeping them happy thus completing the financial circle needed to stay in business.

Free Trade & Open Markets bringing down U.S wages. If YRCW goes under bet they will ask for another pay cut. Unions set the bar companies then try to set there wages as close to those as union companies as possible to keep there places Union free. The U.S allowed Japanese auto makers to come in an opened up factories here playing less then American auto makers. Now the UAW are making what Japanese auto makers said is fair. We are on a fast track to becoming a third world country. I see a bunch of Wal-Marts & Dollar stores every where I look. Gone or dissappering are stores like JC Penney,Montgomery Wards,Sears & Bealls stores that anchored malls now mostly cheaper made crap in the malls.

You are right about the cheap stuff being at the malls too. All of my stuff from the mall is made somewhere else. I am boycotting Walmart for various reasons and I finally got the wife to do it too. I just hope my feeling about this turning around towards the end of the year is right. I've been saying that since the year began, now economist are predicting mid year. I have no reputable facts or research to base my thought on though. Just a gut feeling.

Free Trade & Open Markets bringing down U.S wages. If YRCW goes under bet they will ask for another pay cut. Unions set the bar companies then try to set there wages as close to those as union companies as possible to keep there places Union free. The U.S allowed Japanese auto makers to come in an opened up factories here playing less then American auto makers. Now the UAW are making what Japanese auto makers said is fair. We are on a fast track to becoming a third world country. I see a bunch of Wal-Marts & Dollar stores every where I look. Gone or dissappering are stores like JC Penney,Montgomery Wards,Sears & Bealls stores that anchored malls now mostly cheaper made crap in the malls.

keep in mind YRC is not the only union line. UPS and ABF are both union and financially secure compared to YRC.