Yellow | Another big financial name is invested in Yellow Corporation

Hotboy Ice

Banned
Credits
...and now NYC based hedge fund Blackbarn Capital Partners comes to the forefront, declaring their status as a "Substantial Shareholder" in the common stock (YELLQ) of Yellow Corporation. The details have been redacted for legal purposes, but it's big news for the investment community. The show's not over for this company's Ch 11 proceedings, it's going to be an interesting few months! IMO, the real estate will end up going for $500M+ beyond the current Stalking Horse bid from Estes. LTL demand has bottomed and (many of) the properties are essentially gold mines in current times. Lastly, there's a whole cadre of under-spoken folks on this site that do not support (most) labor unions, especially the Int'l Brotherhood of Teamsters - who undoubedtly trigged the failure of Yellow Corp and loss of 30,000+ American jobs. Regardless, I hope those of you here that no longer work at the company are doing well, finding new careers and beginning to move forward. Tough and trying times like this are the true test of character.

So…the gist of your post is you hate the teamsters and think they were responsible for Yellow closing. Got it.
Read it how you may, the final comments were simply in addition to the subject (investment related) of the post. And yes, the childish tactics of IBT leadership were responsible for Yellow closing. Once they lose the lawsuit, Sean O'Brien will be gone and the Teamsters' union itself will be on the verge of bankruptcy. Just like the judge said a few short months ago, the IBT has won the battle but may very well lose the war.

yellow management could not make money if they owned the mint, they decided not to pay the bills, plunder teamsters and the company, and now hang on like swollen ticks to an emaciated dog.
Mufungo, you should consider writing a book on how unsuccessful people can't let the grudges go that have turned them into cynical & hateful old men. Without the very high-cost benefits package that Yellow Corporation formerly provided to it's 22,000+ union members and families, they "would have" been profitable. With the super-regional OneYellow network transition complete and an improving economy (into 2024/2025), the company would have been "highly profitable" and set up well for the future against even non-union LTL competition. Those modernization efforts were crucial to Yellow's success and lender financing agreements. Unfortunately, even during the trough of a lengthy freight recession, a few false bravado union leaders (?!?) chose short-sighted brinkmanship over long term career protections of their *many* paying IBT members and sent a once great, 99-year old American trucking company into the history books. Or the grave, as SOB might famously prefer.

This pathetic reply reeks of a negative person envying those more educated, wealthy and successful than themselves. Some very bright, competent individuals were chosen to help lead Yellow Corp at the executive management & board levels over recent years. True, not all choices/actions were perfect but there was substantial team effort to keep the company moving forward. Frankly and financially, it provided a lot of people with jobs much longer (years) than most industry observers and analysts ever thought. Most of your blame lies with leadership who departed the former YRC Worldwide longgg ago, mufungo. Drop the sheepish BS one-liners and hateful remarks! I question whether you've even recently worked for the company, or at all? Remember - we all choose who to work for, our career paths, and where to live...make some life changes if you're not happy. Make sure to tell everyone watching whether it was the ill-timed purchase of Roadway (now 20 yrs ago, smh!) that made you miserable, or what year the company fired you? I'll wait...until then, go back to bed troll. -An investor

Why did Yellow not use its existing labor contract to do their One Yellow ?
They could have done the change but worked on the job classifications down the road with the Teamsters.
From past experience the Teamsters followed their contract that both sides signed. Its very simple. Pay your H&W.
Now the Teamsters worked out a deal to stop this train wreck but your employer chose to go a different route knowing full well what their actions would trigger.
On a side note the change to One Yellow was a disaster in the West and quite possibly only limped along because of the employees. Many of them had no interest in working under a contract ( Reddaway )

Mufungo, you should consider writing a book on how unsuccessful people can't let the grudges go that have turned them into cynical & hateful old men. Without the very high-cost benefits package that Yellow Corporation formerly provided to it's 22,000+ union members and families, they "would have" been profitable. With the super-regional OneYellow network transition complete and an improving economy (into 2024/2025), the company would have been "highly profitable" and set up well for the future against even non-union LTL competition. Those modernization efforts were crucial to Yellow's success and lender financing agreements. Unfortunately, even during the trough of a lengthy freight recession, a few false bravado union leaders (?!?) chose short-sighted brinkmanship over long term career protections of their *many* paying IBT members and sent a once great, 99-year old American trucking company into the history books. Or the grave, as SOB might famously prefer.

This pathetic reply reeks of a negative person envying those more educated, wealthy and successful than themselves. Some very bright, competent individuals were of Roadway (now 20 yrs ago, smh!) that made you miserable, or what year the company fired you? I'll wait...until then, go back to bed troll. -An investor
Mr "Investor" you sir are the troll as you joined right before Yellows demise, by reading your posts I think you are confused and thinking you are writing to the Wall Street Journal, not Truckingboards....Mufungo is in fact a truck driver and long time member doing what you just did with your long winded rebuttal....voicing his opinion...he isn't trolling....I don't have the time to pick apart your whole post but I am going to make one statement on the most idiotic part....taking on over a billion dollars in debt (plus even more for Holland) is indeed the reason Yellow is gone..they owed over a billion dollars after buying Roadway and they still owe that much now....they paid over a billion in interest on that money...One Yellow was going to shrink the company making it even more difficult to pay it back...a smart investor wouldn't minimize such a thing...

Yellow had a contract. Major concessions were given by the IBT, concessions continued onward. You pet experts were not so ingenious., were they?
But, those execs you admire, will be well paid in the end, and can take their crystal ball and go elsewhere. You must envy them.
The charity of the IBT and its members carried the clown show this far. Greedy execs and hedge funds wrecked the bus you now find yourself under.

This pathetic reply reeks of a negative person envying those more educated, wealthy and successful than themselves. Some very bright, competent individuals were chosen to help lead Yellow Corp at the executive management & board levels over recent years. True, not all choices/actions were perfect but there was substantial team effort to keep the company moving forward. Frankly and financially, it provided a lot of people with jobs much longer (years) than most industry observers and analysts ever thought. Most of your blame lies with leadership who departed the former YRC Worldwide longgg ago, mufungo. Drop the sheepish BS one-liners and hateful remarks! I question whether you've even recently worked for the company, or at all? Remember - we all choose who to work for, our career paths, and where to live...make some life changes if you're not happy. Make sure to tell everyone watching whether it was the ill-timed purchase of Roadway (now 20 yrs ago, smh!) that made you miserable, or what year the company fired you? I'll wait...until then, go back to bed troll. -An investor
Boy o boy, did you drink the cool aid. Or better yet tell us what company you really work for. 🤡

Mr "Investor" you sir are the troll as you joined right before Yellows demise, by reading your posts I think you are confused and thinking you are writing to the Wall Street Journal, not Truckingboards....Mufungo is in fact a truck driver and long time member doing what you just did with your long winded rebuttal....voicing his opinion...he isn't trolling....I don't have the time to pick apart your whole post but I am going to make one statement on the most idiotic part....taking on over a billion dollars in debt (plus even more for Holland) is indeed the reason Yellow is gone..they owed over a billion dollars after buying Roadway and they still owe that much now....they paid over a billion in interest on that money...One Yellow was going to shrink the company making it even more difficult to pay it back...a smart investor wouldn't minimize such a thing...
Yes ABF381,his impressive,bombastic,intelligent,and flowery sophisticated post would play well to the WSJ crowd,they all speak the same aristocratic BS...But you see,corporate trolls give themselves away every time...''envying those ''more'' educated,wealthy,and successful than themselves''...And there you have it!!!!...So full of themselves,so full of their pompous intellect and education...Reeks of arrogance,reeks of hubris,reeks of know it all self-importance,and of course,reeks of 'Elitism'...And after all of his grandiose pontificating,he's doing nothing more then protecting the bliss of his own delusions...

No horse in either race and long retired from non-union company(s). I would gather that ex-Yellow employees that got screwed by being in the union will think twice before joining another union carrier. The only thing that a union is good for is taking your hard-earned money and donating it to democrat causes and campaigns.
As they say, you get what you pay for.
I am SO, SO grateful I was never involved in that cesspool. I do, however, feel sorry for the ones that got screwed over (by the union of course). Come at me bruh.

No horse in either race and long retired from non-union company(s). I would gather that ex-Yellow employees that got screwed by being in the union will think twice before joining another union carrier. The only thing that a union is good for is taking your hard-earned money and donating it to democrat causes and campaigns.
I am SO, SO grateful I was never involved in that cesspool. I do, however, feel sorry for the ones that got screwed over (by the union of course). Come at me bruh.
Bingo. Most of the replies above are from devout union members wearing rose-colored glasses that didn't even (or for many years) work for Yellow/YRC. Same thing on FreightWaves articles, the comments are 80% from hardcore IBT guys bashing the company and anything non-union & trying to be heard - lol! A few accounts are probably even paid. The thing is, *no one cares* to hear their whining and sometimes false narratives. Some even troll here on Trucking Boards to push the same Teamsters' agenda that blew up in a whole lot of folks' faces during the late Summer months! Guaranteed 50%+ will never consider joining that racket again after what happened to them at Yellow Corporation; quite a few are even getting black-balled when applying to work for other carriers. I understand why, but that's not particularly fair.

In some scenarios, I support labor unions and can see an actual need - but it's almost purely for safety reasons. This ain't 1951 anymore, Dorothy. When the inmates get so bold/greedy as to try and take over the asylum, that's where most peoples' support ends. Always avoid others that try and take an extra foot after you give 'em six inches! To be fair, the former YRC Worldwide surely isn't a saint in all of this. However, wage concessions that began (almost 15 years ago) were agreed upon to keep the company afloat...and it did. Many of these guys live in the past and won't let you forget it. Unfortunately for them, as the saying goes - nobody owes you ::shit::. Along with all of the hate mail and significant pending legal issues, I'm sure IBT leadership will start enjoying the annual loss (in the $$ Millions) of member dues soon enough - karma.

I would like for to give us examples as to how the Teamsters “take your hard-earned money and donate it to the Democrats causes and campaigns.
You say you have no horse in either race, yet your agenda clearly is against Unions in general. So bring more substance to the discussion on how the Teamsters Union is taking the members hard earned money and donating it to Democratic causes and campaigns so we can debate it.
Also, just so you know, my employer (ABF) has already hired 18 of the Yellow employees in North Little Rock, AR. alone. I think Kansas City has already hired around that many as well if my sources are accurate.
And, what the hell does “Come at me bruh” even mean?

could not be said any better. only thing worse than being ignorant is being arrogant on top of it. contract hasn't changed in 50 years and no longer competing against other dinosaurs. i'm glad they are done. now i get to watch where the ignorant and arrogant land.

Bingo. Most of the replies above are from devout union members wearing rose-colored glasses that didn't even (or for many years) work for Yellow/YRC. Same thing on FreightWaves articles, the comments are 80% from hardcore IBT guys bashing the company and anything non-union & trying to be heard - lol! A few accounts are probably even paid. The thing is, *no one cares* to hear their whining and sometimes false narratives. Some even troll here on Trucking Boards to push the same Teamsters' agenda that blew up in a whole lot of folks' faces during the late Summer months! Guaranteed 50%+ will never consider joining that racket again after what happened to them at Yellow Corporation; quite a few are even getting black-balled when applying to work for other carriers. I understand why, but that's not particularly fair.

In some scenarios, I support labor unions and can see an actual need - but it's almost purely for safety reasons. This ain't 1951 anymore, Dorothy. When the inmates get so bold/greedy as to try and take over the asylum, that's where most peoples' support ends. Always avoid others that try and take an extra foot after you give 'em six inches! To be fair, the former YRC Worldwide surely isn't a saint in all of this. However, wage concessions that began (almost 15 years ago) were agreed upon to keep the company afloat...and it did. Many of these guys live in the past and won't let you forget it. Unfortunately for them, as the saying goes - nobody owes you ::::shit::::. Along with all of the hate mail and significant pending legal issues, I'm sure IBT leadership will start enjoying the annual loss (in the $$ Millions) of member dues soon enough - karma.
The wage reductions were indeed agreed upon contractually as were the Health&Welfare contribution requirements that Yellow decided to stop paying. The work rules that Yellow wanted to change in the Phase 2 COO’s also violated the “agreed to contract” as well.
You can’t just pick and choose the parts you want to tell to get your point across.
And, I would like to know how long you worked for Yellow and what positions you held? I am an ABF employee and one of the ones you speak of that never worked at YRC. So, let’s see your Yellow work history!!!

I would like for to give us examples as to how the Teamsters “take your hard-earned money and donate it to the Democrats causes and campaigns.

And, what the hell does “Come at me bruh” even mean?
Exactly what you did. You don't want to believe what I said was true and just like clockwork, here it came. That's what "Come at me bruh" is referring to

As for Teamsters being in bed with democRATS, there are examples all over the internet that affirm that but here is your boy, SLick Willie, massaging an loving on the Teamsters. Again, these examples are everywhere if you choose to explore.

After reading all of the above may I add that D.R.I.V.E. is where the political funding comes from with the Teamsters.
Being a devout Non- Union at will employee may have missed is its VOLUNTARY for each dues paying Teamster.
I was, and still am in my retirement, totally non-union. I am not sure that the union guys can opt out of paying those dues which I would bet are mandatory.