Yellow | ANOTHER Roadway COO In Atlanta!

Leaving the BIG CHICKEN

Marietta barn is moving to what 64 door barn??? Is this a new terminal or a used one from a former ltl carrier. The old barn was hid away behind the Yellow break like it was a bat cave. Good to see them expanding, maybe we can get our freight down there quicker now then the normal 4 day transit time:biglaugh:

You need to read your own mail.Marietta is also having another COO.

OK....It is all Metro Atlanta....many on here would not know where May-retta is anyway....that is why we say Atlanta too...But, after this one....there will not be a terminal in May-retta anymore....so there will be 2 terminals in Atlanta..KK:smilie_132:

OK....It is all Metro Atlanta....many on here would not know where May-retta is anyway....that is why we say Atlanta too...But, after this one....there will not be a terminal in May-retta anymore....so there will be 2 terminals in Atlanta..KK:smilie_132:

O.K.Yellow is having another COO in Atlanta.See the local web site.

Thats right....it is the old Averitt terminal off Fulton Industrial Blvd.....they moved years ago to a bigger terminal in Kennesaw, GA....KK

KK I believe that Averitt just built a brand new terminal on Fulton Ind. Blvd right next to the Quick Trip. This old terminal is off of Boat rock rd just off Fulton Ind. Blvd. Averitt has 3 terminals in Atl. Kennesaw,Lawerenceville, and Fulton. This is not a bad terminal except that it is land locked and Averitt could not expand any more. It has a small shop and a one bay fuel island. At least that is how i remember it when I worked for them back in the early 90,s

Averitt is still in that terminal as we speak, construction should be finished soon on their new Fulton Industrial terminal, then I'm guessing Roadway will be moving in...like Jim Joe said Averitt couldn't expand it...when I worked for Averitt, the Fulton terminal couldn't handle the freight coming out of the the Fulton Industrial area, instead the Marietta Terminal in Kennesaw would send drivers down to pick up large accounts like Zep Cleaning products...I've driven past the current FUL terminal and they have to park linehaul units in the employee parking lot due to a lack of space...

But the move is definently an upgrade to for Roadway, gaining about another 40 plus doors more than the current Marietta terminal...