Another sleepy trucker goes off route.

Ok, Question here Speed 70, Schnieder? not sure how he could have been speeding too fast for conditions. Or, I wonder if there is a sleeping while driving speed? Well anyway glad to see the driver is ok.

In the time since the hours of service was changed by our U.S.D.O.T.,I've been seeing a lot of crashes involving truckers falling asleep.
Since I've been posting most of the crash reports on this truckingboard,I've posted a number of them.
Any report that has at lest one reconizable photo with it.
But I've seen a bunch more then the ones I've posted here.

The government should never have messed with the old hours of service rules.
In my opinion everything to do with commercial transportation was a lot safer with the old rules of service.

When you fall asleep driving any vehicle your body slumps forward.
which cause your foot to go down on the gas peddle.

I know this frist hand as I myself fell asleep driving my car in 1967.
I woke up just in time to see myself hitting an utility pole with a high power transformer on it.
This pole was in the ground at the bottom of a ditch.

I got a concusion,and learned that I thought I was only doing 35 before I fell asleep.
But hit the pole doing around 50,the authorities told me sleepy drivers always speed up as their body slumps forward.

Yes, but again, "Too fast for conditions"?? Correct me if I'm wrong but did Schneider not recently take their trucks from 65 down to 62 or 60 mph? Guy may be able to beat that ticket.