FedEx Freight | .any change

sloride49

TB Lurker
Credits
im new to national from freight doing line haul anyone know if im x board out of a small center and doing a run for a city guy that has not come on line haul he was given this job in december of 09 but not replaced yet i was hired in march 010 but he is ahead of me on the baord i think or am i ahead of him alsowhen an x run comes open due to a driver taking off should i be ofered that run over a city guy the run im filling in on is less mile than run that was given a city guy when at freight it was different

He is ahead of you in bid senority. He just can't leave p&d till they replace him. When they do you go on extra board but you have bid senority over anyone who transfers in or hires in after you where hired.

You punctuated before the subject! Such a promising start to a confusing post.... :threadsux:

[quote author=steelmiller link=topic=80868.msg835788#msg835788 date=1275894670]
You punctuated before the subject! Such a promising start to a confusing post.... :threadsux:
[/quote]

edit: Sorry, I am prejudiced against freight guys ;)

I think I might understand what you are trying to say.

He was promised a linehaul spot before you hired on (because that's what you did, we are a different company). That gives him seniority over you even though he hasn't made the switch to linehaul yet. According to company rules a locally domiciled city driver is given first choice to transfer to linehaul. Then they will take outside, off the street hires with FedEx Freight drivers getting first choice.

Sometimes operational necessity dictates that the city driver has to stay in the city until he/she can be replaced. At KCM it happened to several guys. When they hired enough city guys and had them trained, they were allowed to switch to linehaul in the order they were promised. We had so many hired that there were new hires running linehaul runs that were below the city guys that were stuck in the city. It made for some interesting conversations.

well thanks for the help . ok now i am x board but was given a shorter line run over a city guy. i am line haul x board if i was passed over should i be able to complain to someone so this does not happen again? center manager has no clue or may be its me thanks

It's FUBAR and it all depends on when you come available. It is possible for someone below you to get a better run if they were next in line available when the run came available. You could also accept a run and then a longer run becomes available. They will not take you off the shorter run that you agreed to run just because you have seniority.

My advise is to pay attention to your self and don't worry what everyone else is doing. It will all work out in the wash.

thanks guardrail but i had time and i dont care what anyone else does or makes but if i was ? ucked i want to no what can be done not just for me but even lame person that is scared to speak up. i belive in whats right for u should be same for me nothing less

You said you where line haul x board and a city guy got a longer run than you. At Nat'l city doesn't work linehaul. If he was a city guy that has been there and transfered to linehaul he is ahead of you anyway. With x brd you get what you get that night. Sometimes good sometimes not.

just hang in there, it'll change when freight gets a hold of it, and makes em do it their way. I came from freight too thinking it was similar :biglaugh: not even close!!!