New Penn | Any idea's (curious)

New Penn Not for Sale

Word was out last nite the New Penn was sold yesterday am.
What's the word????

New Penn Not for Sale
1/30/2009
John Gallagher
Associate Editor

YRC Worldwide Chairman, President and CEO William D. Zollars denied his company was ready to sell regional subsidiary New Penn.

"Rumors of a divestiture of New Penn are not true," Zollars said. "They're a valued part of our portfolio and are performing well."

Zollars wouldn't comment, however, on whether or not the Lebanon, Pa.-based company, considered by many as YRC's best run company, was able to generate a profit in the fourth quarter. "We don't get into that detail with our individual subsidiaries," Zollars said.

New Penn, which employs over 2,000 people, specializes in next-day service through 24 service centers in the Northeastern United States, Quebec, Canada and Puerto Rico. It operates a fleet of over 850 tractors and 1,700 trailers, according to the company Web site.

Thats what I'd like to know is why they don't post the individual OR's of each company.
Newpenn was about a 97 for 2008.
Subtracy the 3.2% that YRC takes for admin fees and its a 93.8.. but its ok..because they will show 10% better due to our pay cut for 2009

New Penn Not for Sale
1/30/2009
John Gallagher
Associate Editor

YRC Worldwide Chairman, President and CEO William D. Zollars denied his company was ready to sell regional subsidiary New Penn.

"Rumors of a divestiture of New Penn are not true," Zollars said. "They're a valued part of our portfolio and are performing well."

Zollars wouldn't comment, however, on whether or not the Lebanon, Pa.-based company, considered by many as YRC's best run company, was able to generate a profit in the fourth quarter. "We don't get into that detail with our individual subsidiaries," Zollars said.
You may have missed a statement made at the very end of the web cast, after a stock analyst asked about the regionals operation, the board did state that only NEW PENN and REDDAWAY were profitable. I heard them say it !

New Penn Not for Sale
1/30/2009
John Gallagher
Associate Editor

New Penn, which employs over 2,000 people, specializes in next-day service through 24 service centers in the Northeastern United States, Quebec, Canada and Puerto Rico. It operates a fleet of over 850 tractors and 1,700 trailers, according to the company Web site.
If New Penn is making a profit which is true.I'm full of sh**most of the time but why not Zollars quit and let New PENN RUN yrc.//

I heard today from my buddy who works Big R that Zollars lost all his power. My buddy is a good source and he heard it from a good source so it has to be a fact.

I heard today from my buddy who works Big R that Zollars lost all his power. My buddy is a good source and he heard it from a good source so it has to be a fact.

WOW...REALLY!!! I had my old CB hooked up in the garage today and I was listening and I heard the same thing!!!!!!!!

It must be true since you and I heard it!!!!!!

Thank GOD for Channel - 19!!!!!!

You may have missed a statement made at the very end of the web cast, after a stock analyst asked about the regionals operation, the board did state that only NEW PENN and REDDAWAY were profitable. I heard them say it !

I think a hearing test may be in your future. You should read the text version of the call,I didnt see the word profitable in there.

I think a hearing test may be in your future. You should read the text version of the call,I didnt see the word profitable in there.

Thanks for the sarcasm hooddock.
Let me clarify ... in the final minutes of the web cast, stock analyst Jason asked if New Penn was profitable. Following a previous remark from the board where they wouldn't discuss separate regionals, they did say after Jason's question that " we are happy with New Penn and Reddaway, however we continue to struggle with Holland".
So you are right, the board never said New Penn was profitable, only that they are happy with New Penn. Let's not forget in the very beginning, "Z" also made the comment that New Penn is not for sale and that New Penn is a valuable asset the the YRC family.
Thanks for letting me clear that up !