Central Transport | Any michigan big wigs here? Any upper management?

realdesertkickin

TB Lurker
Credits
Hello, Im a new CT driver in Tucson, Im new to LTL and will admit to wanting to be in LTL for a long time (as opposed to OTR)..Im here, doin it for ya...Sure would be nice to have a name and number of someone who has some pull in this company..Im a high level super experienced driver/operator, who actually, cares? Its important to me to miss that one big bump in the road cause I know the freight is gonna be everywhere, I care about good clean work all around..I am a valuable asset!!

I Don't have an exact specific issue today, but when I do, I feel it'll be the death of me as my next 3 steps up the manager chain don't seem competent to me...

Ive been here 2 months, and I strongly feel the mission is to..not complain, it is what it is, deal with it or be fired eventually for barking tall at one of the supervisors..

So, that's my mission, find a Michigan CT exec that cares, and can pull strings, or will at least hear me when I tangle with one of your regional managers..

Need some reasons to not be consistently looking at ads for work...

Im off and have had a few beers, so, maybe a stupid thread, I don't know!! discuss

Who's my chatty CT guys here? Any Arizona Ct-ers?

Hello, Im a new CT driver in Tucson, Im new to LTL and will admit to wanting to be in LTL for a long time (as opposed to OTR)..Im here, doin it for ya...Sure would be nice to have a name and number of someone who has some pull in this company..Im a high level super experienced driver/operator, who actually, cares? Its important to me to miss that one big bump in the road cause I know the freight is gonna be everywhere, I care about good clean work all around..I am a valuable asset!!

I Don't have an exact specific issue today, but when I do, I feel it'll be the death of me as my next 3 steps up the manager chain don't seem competent to me...

Ive been here 2 months, and I strongly feel the mission is to..not complain, it is what it is, deal with it or be fired eventually for barking tall at one of the supervisors..

So, that's my mission, find a Michigan CT exec that cares, and can pull strings, or will at least hear me when I tangle with one of your regional managers..

Need some reasons to not be consistently looking at ads for work...

Im off and have had a few beers, so, maybe a stupid thread, I don't know!! discuss

Who's my chatty CT guys here? Any Arizona Ct-ers?

just curious what has you all wound up and ready to go one on one with (a big wig exec)???? if you have only been there 2 months? don't know what the problem or problems are but I can tell you this going over your T.M."s head and the regional managers usually doesn't play out well, unless it's a safety issue ? here's some more advice management does not go against each other, your not going to pin one against the other to favor what ever your issues might be. I'm just a driver and figured this advice would be helpful.... good luck with your issue.

I'm sure there really is a reason that nobody can actually speak to upper management. When you find someone up there that cares, please let us know. The stamp-man didn't care about Detroit CT - Vitran team and I am sure as heck will not care about you either.

advice taken and appreciated, and agreed,,,I've studied ct and Lurked these threads for about 18 months..I came on with a bunch of ct knowledge,,,and now that I have studied up on Matty and Son,I see how far down I,we,are on their list of priorities...and well, be nice to have an ally upstairs who WILL go against other management...
I have an awesome TM, problem is, he's newer than a 3rd tit on a turkey,,,I have heard his boss, and his bosses boss on the speakerphone, and don't like how they talk,,,at all...I'm sure were not gonna see eye to.eye...they are gonna talk to.me like I'm a punk, I'll respond accordingly, and get canned....
So, with luck, nothing will come up anytime soon, but when it does, be nice to know where our friends/backup.are...
This is a ***** using the phone...will finish on reg computer tammara

If you can figure out their names, the email system is their first initial and full last name @centraltransport.com,( I figured this out by looking at a letter/notice posted at my Vitran terminal) not sure if they will respond or not, the one email I sent did get a response, but I also knew the person prior to CT.

If you can figure out their names, the email system is their first initial and full last name @centraltransport.com,( I figured this out by looking at a letter/notice posted at my Vitran terminal) not sure if they will respond or not, the one email I sent did get a response, but I also knew the person prior to CT.
I would like to remind everyone not to hold their breath during this process.

I don't know..I'll try, not expecting to succeed, but I'll try

Like this morning, California sends me a full 53, 39k on it, my 2 skids are at the front..what the hay?..so I call cali, a regional manager is there, he don't give a crap, doesn't want to hear it...I don't get it...I mean, I get it but I don't...

I have a short haul, I need, and gladly accept the dock hours...I'll grab an extra hour to unload and reload (or fire up another trailer), but still, wheres the logic on how he's letting loads go!!!
I told him "do not send me any more trailers like this" cali freight bound for texas with 2 skids for me in Arizona? My skids need to be at the rear dood!!!
Of course he then went on to find out who I was, learned Im a noob, then circulated emails around about guys like me not bothering him, and how I need to present issues to my TM...(I got his number from my TM and permission to call this regional guy)...
SO in this case, TM got chewed, and a few hours got burned up on procedural/internal stuffs...no one mentioned the backwards loaded trailer..no one cared!!

Just a small example

Yes, I know I know...I can hear y'all now

I mean, should I have take everyones word? Ive heard and read what you guys are saying, by others..But I still feel compelled and driven to make some fricken noise and let the men upstairs know what I think...Knowing it most likely will get me no where...

Dysfunction? ya, probably I guess..theres just some backwards illogical crap I see, and I gotta take my stab I guess

I could work with matty...Ive seen him in action, Ive listened to a bunch of his speeches and interviews, and have what I consider to be "a good read on him"..He's def someone I could deal with..
Problem is, he's a million miles away from central stuff, not reachable, not the guy...

I don't know, I'll hush until I got next job lined up..just sucks man..I should be allowed to beat up, or fire who I want..

What else is there...

Me and my little brother used to play with toy doubles..He always had the yellow rig, I always had the blue rig..I wanted to be here since I was frickn 5 years old, (well start yellow and move to blue) lol...
Now Im here, Im a tad sad, I must say

It would be real easy to have mostly happy drivers here, only a few fixes needed...But I see we are the "expendables", and them changes aint comin...Hell, they don't even care about freight, its just a pyramid of workers...That's all..a pyramid of workers all participating in a baton pass..

If I ever find my magic secret CT exec who will institute fixes for me, I'll be sure to share the info...lol!!!

I mean...c'mon man, really? We do this regularly with the cali freight comin in...Just....c'mon

The owner operator who had the central trailer above was told by dispatcher, "why didn't you have the tilt stand down before you pulled the dolly out?"

c'mon