Estes | any new info about the new columbus facility

bigdaddy300

TB Lurker
Credits
just checking in to see if there is any new info about the new terminal move in time and when there expecitng to start hiring drivers oh yea by the way whats the starting pay rate in ohio

Heard today opening should be July 6. Starting pay is close to same all in that area. City about 18-19 an hr. Road im not sure its 48-50 a mile.

Ya I had a friend up there last night and he said they are putting the finishing touches on the parking lot and was told same as baby buzzard, moving in the week of the 4th.

drove by there yesterday and they are pouring all new drop pads at dock and in the yard. Several Estes pups back by the garage,lots of people working all over yard fixing it up.

where is this terminal, sounds real neat, would like to drive by it to see it first hand. I am retired and have boys in Columbus, could take the time to look at it. I quess trucking never really gets out of your blood. MY wife's eyes go round and round, when I see a terminal I have never seen and say lets drive around it. HA! HA!. I know, I know, get a life.:biglaugh::shift::biglaugh:

Just wanted to add one more thing. I worked out of the terminal at your Fort Wayne Indiana Location. It was Anderson trucking, then OK trucking, then Wintz freightways, before you came in after we went belly up. I worked for Duff truck lines, then OK ,Wintz, then retirement. You guys are doing great and really packed into the terminal in FT Wayne. Good luck to you all.

The terminal is in the old Roadway terminal on Frank road. It is across the street from the present terminal and about 1/2 mile West of I-71 off of the Frank Rd. #104 exit off of I-71. It is on the South side of the road. You can also exit I-270 at exit 2 which is the Grove City exit and go North on Rt. 62-Harrisburg Pike to 2nd light which is Frank Rd. and turn right,will be about a mile on your right.

You're normal

Hey ESP its not us its our wives and this trucking thing. Mine's the same way. The Columbus yard is on Frank Rd about 1 mile west of 71 on the south side. It belonged to Big R before they moved with Yellow.

anybody know how many doors and are they getting 055's hub? (heard they are taking the hub out of westex and moving it to a location not yet known)

BB and pigman440, thank you and I will make it a point to see it, I know where the old rdx terminal was, which is now yours. Thanks again. :clap:

I wished someone would.I don't get to see
any of the terminals.

Maybe we can get a thread started to feature the
terminals.Pictures and such.Only time I get to see
other drivers is at my terminal.

Been on schedule runs too long I guess.I get a kick
out of talking to other drivers and finding out where
they are from.Maybe BB will let us start one

How bout it BB? Terminals in the system may be
what we can call it.

anybody know how many doors and are they getting 055's hub? (heard they are taking the hub out of westex and moving it to a location not yet known)

Gee great at least Columbus has a Hotel now they can send 20 or so drivers in there and we can all sit for 20 hours in the hotel waiting to go somewhere, guess it beats the hell out of those bunk rooms.

It's going to be moving to Williamsport.. near September, maybe earlier

Damm :hide: I get the strange feelin that they're pickin apart 055 WMX piece by piece - latest rumor I've been hearin is they bought the Richfield terminal that Junior Johnson said they DIDN'T buy ...:TR10driving03:

Damm :hide: I get the strange feelin that they're pickin apart 055 WMX piece by piece - latest rumor I've been hearin is they bought the Richfield terminal that Junior Johnson said they DIDN'T buy ...:TR10driving03:

Yea, I've been hearing the Charleston, WV and Toledo, OH is fix'n to be history just like they did with Pulaski. It may have already been posted here somewhere before. That's the lastest rumor I heard. One thing for sure, I think we all seen how much they worry about their drivers. I'm just passing along info I heard. It may be just a rumor.