FedEx Freight | Any news about the company wide bid

bigdaddy300

TB Lurker
Credits
:ban:HEY THERE FELLOW DRIVERS JUST WANTED TO KNOW IF ANY ONE HAS HEARD ANY NEWS ABOUT THE COMPANY WIDE BID WHERE SUPPOSE TO DO WE OUT OF CMH JUST HAD A REBID TO TAKE EFFECT IN APRIL BUT THEY SAID A COMPANY WIDE ONE WAS COMING SOON

Latest word from our SCM in TER, bid pushed back to mid May, to take effect June 1st. In other words, when the next scheduled bid was due to happen.

From what I hear, the current bids were put together according to estimated freight levels with Economy (National) freight the variable. They were not sure exactly how much freight Economy would bring to the table after the merger. Some lanes are lighter than anticipated, some are heavier. I was informed that the upcoming bid should (stress on should) more accurately reflect ongoing freight levels, because the higher ups will have had the extra time to evaluate freight flow in all lanes.

I, for one, will reserve judgement/opinion until I see the new bid sheet.

WEATHER ALERT::: it will be sunny unless it rains. Dry until it's wet and cold until it's warm. Sounds like the way Freight is run doesn't it?