ODFL | Any truth to the rumor that OD is closing

As soon as I seen that posting I knew that there was no truth to it and I don't even work for O.D.!!! I work for ABF and every quarter we here about how you guys have the best operating ratio in the business. We aren't far behind you, but you guys are at the top. Good luck and I wish you guys continued success over there there is plenty of freight to go around if the companies are well managed.

Let's see, profits are still strong, we are growing in aspects of offering in our services to the customers, we are growing business, we are building or moving into bigger and better terminals, hmmm let me think here a minute.........no I think I will be running down the highway Tuesday. Sorry Holland boy, I guess we will not be closing.........but let me share something Elvis has left the building........permanently.

YRC needs to gobble up this company then.

sorry guys, it was to easy

well DUH! YRC buys companys that make money and then trash them , right? I do not have a hard on as you say for them, just would like to see them treat and respect their people who make them all their money. Maybe Estes will buy THEM out and make it a nice place for all to work.

now crawl back in your hole Elvis.

Mary had a little lamb her fleece was white as snow.

Jack & Jill ran up the hill to fetch a apil of water. Jack fell down and bumped his head and Jill came tumbling after.

OD will stand strong unless the owners get tired of the rat race and cash out and take their millions to live happily ever after.

Maybe we should just treat this as you would on the C.B. radio, you here someone trying to get a reaction out of anyone they can and it usually works. I'm just gonna ignore this stuff on here in the future, we have nothing to worry about. To me it would be funnier to have just left this whole thread empty but i was the first to reply so.......

Mary had a little lamb her fleece was white as snow.

Jack & Jill ran up the hill to fetch a apil of water. Jack fell down and bumped his head and Jill came tumbling after.

OD will stand strong unless the owners get tired of the rat race and cash out and take their millions to live happily ever after.

That could be possible but there's more family coming up thru the company,have been for the past 10-15 years,they should be ready to move up before long and run it.

why would od put money into buying bobs truckline, buy the old nations way building in denver for over 7 mill upgrade it with another 1 to 3 million dollars hire a bunch of new people open new facilities just to close the doors? Just to spend money with no return on their investment. Gee wish I had that kind of money to spend.