Central Transport | Anybody out there know whats going to happen in September?

I don't know what's going to happen but i do know at my terminal we have lost 7 p&d drivers last month. An if they think a 25 cent raise is going to keep drivers they are just fooling themselfs. Word has it that at least three more are on there way out inthe next 2 weeks. City drivers are getting fed up with the way trailers are being loaded for dels. First stop in middle of trailer second in nose last on tail then expected to do pickups as soon as you leave terminal, only so much you can work around. Miss something an your getting wrote up. Hard to figure out way everyone's leaving huh

no fckn way they have that kind of technologically ! They gave a dude whose been out on comp and light duty for 5 years a driving award and pin. Don't count your blessings to early....

wanna bet? ever heard of the cops tracking someone's phone with a GPS chip? same as when you dial 911 and they are setup on the E911 system, your location from the GPS chip gets them within 25 feet or so (or tower triangulation for non GPS phones is sometimes a few hundred feet) this puts you on a map so they can locate you if you do not know where you are. how about eaves dropping on a cell phone by remotely turning on the microphone? with the proper warrant they certainly can. older analog cell phones could be picked up on scanners, but not the newer digital ones, but guess what, with the proper warrant the cops simply put your phone EISN into the system and track your GPS and listen to your phone calls, the equipment is expensive, but it really neat to watch (i was at a demo expo with a cop friend,, it was cool) why do you think criminals use disposable cell phones? by the time someone figures out which phone is theirs, it has been ditched and they get another. what parts do you think they use to make them tablets? they are nothing more than the samsung phone on steroids. a lot of same programs and chips, just a bigger screen, battery, and more memory, otherwise not much different than my Samsung Galaxy 3 phone (other than I am running the newest OS and the tablets cannot due to outdated chips and memory)

try reading up on some of this, you would be surprised how good technology can be turned around and bit you in the but. so even if you try and outsmart the system by turning it off, IT can still access the tablet, get your location, and turn on nyour microphone! the same way as i remotely log into other computers to fix programs using www.logmein.com you just leave your computer on standby and i can wake it, do my stuff, and leave and your monitor never even comes on. what you think of the "off" switch on a tablet is actually just a low power standby, and since you cannot get at the battery to remove, they are always available if IT wants to access them. the only way to protect any cell phone (or data equipped) tablet is to remove the battery so their is no power source.

vitran is too busy snooping on everybody through the tablets to be bothered with delivering freight on-time and damage free.

wanna bet? ever heard of the cops tracking someone's phone with a GPS chip? same as when you dial 911 and they are setup on the E911 system, your location from the GPS chip gets them within 25 feet or so (or tower triangulation for non GPS phones is sometimes a few hundred feet) this puts you on a map so they can locate you if you do not know where you are. how about eaves dropping on a cell phone by remotely turning on the microphone? with the proper warrant they certainly can. older analog cell phones could be picked up on scanners, but not the newer digital ones, but guess what, with the proper warrant the cops simply put your phone EISN into the system and track your GPS and listen to your phone calls, the equipment is expensive, but it really neat to watch (i was at a demo expo with a cop friend,, it was cool) why do you think criminals use disposable cell phones? by the time someone figures out which phone is theirs, it has been ditched and they get another. what parts do you think they use to make them tablets? they are nothing more than the samsung phone on steroids. a lot of same programs and chips, just a bigger screen, battery, and more memory, otherwise not much different than my Samsung Galaxy 3 phone (other than I am running the newest OS and the tablets cannot due to outdated chips and memory)

try reading up on some of this, you would be surprised how good technology can be turned around and bit you in the but. so even if you try and outsmart the system by turning it off, IT can still access the tablet, get your location, and turn on nyour microphone! the same way as i remotely log into other computers to fix programs using www.logmein.com you just leave your computer on standby and i can wake it, do my stuff, and leave and your monitor never even comes on. what you think of the "off" switch on a tablet is actually just a low power standby, and since you cannot get at the battery to remove, they are always available if IT wants to access them. the only way to protect any cell phone (or data equipped) tablet is to remove the battery so their is no power source.
I am very aware of all of that but also understand that this company is so busy trying to keep there heads above water it would only be a waste of time to do all that. At the rate management keeps running off drivers it wont be long before the only drivers this company has are temps.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am very aware of all of tha.

thanks RT. i did not mean to imply they were using all the toys, but yes they are in there if they want. the cops i know like the great cameras in iPhones, turn them on and take a pic or short movie of who has the stolen phone, then GPS it to the proper house, then when they take their own pics of the crime scene and show all match in court, it has been really easy for a conviction.

I am curious of one thing you brought up if I remember correctly. If a driver puts foil over lets say one of our tablets and for that matter an iphone how would that effect things. I'm just curious about the science part of it. Whatever the case I'm sure it would only be temporary basis only.

I know regional tracks departure and arrival times and safety knows as soon as someone goes over 14. Safety is also aware of any tickets. I am sure the dispatchers and TMs will have a lot of say in "merit" as well.

If merit is based on each driver and not by each terminal the banana suckers will get raises and no one else.

I heard a TM tell a driver that not all terminals will get raises.

Yes, we have all the capabilities, BUT do we have anyone with the ability to actually do this? Perfect example: when you strip a trailer and leave freight on, you have to manually re-write all the pro #'s again listing them as LOT. Office girls tell me they can't bring up an manifest, delete removed shipments and then add new freight. The place I worked before, this was standard procedure, hell even the dispatchers could do it. If we can't do a simple rewrite, how can any of them be smart enough to do some of the more complicated stuff involving the tablets?

I am curious of one thing you brought up if I remember correctly. If a driver puts foil over lets say one of our tablets and for that matter an iphone how would that effect things. I'm just curious about the science part of it. Whatever the case I'm sure it would only be temporary basis only.
A foil or black plastic bag covering a unit will obstruct the GPS reception GPS is satellite based and needs a clear view of the sky. I do not know for sure about cell phone reception but I do not think it would be affected.

that was me....anyway, the tablets include cell access, on what is known as Channel B, the same as a USB stick or smartphone getting it's data (voice is A side) tin foil will act like a sheet of steel and shut off the signal, they only transmit with same or lower power than a cell phone, and gow many times have you lost signal walking into a building,,, same idea different tactic, when you do this the tablet goes into search mode looking for a tower, meanwhile you are not accessible. you could just block the GPS, but that is hard, i do not know where the chip is in these, and using multiple sats you would need to cover maybe 140 degrees of sky,,, easier just to put in a tin foil bag and shut it all down.

i do this as a joke at the campground, put tin foil over the golf ball size collector on a DISH or Direct TV dish,,, ha ha ha,,,, they think their system went under...make me a jack and coke and i will fix it for you