Central Transport | Anyone else heard of this litigation against Vitran

i searched for "creditworthiness of vitran express" and this story was on the list. Click on the article and read, although the story is more about the CAFA, the basis is a class action against Vitran for not allowing hourly employees to take their mandated meal and other breaks, now they want their wages reimbursed since we all get docked 30 minutes for lunch but don't always get it

will this be for all drivers in the us ? i dont have time to pee some days never mind to stop Completely for a half hour

will this be for all drivers in the us ? i dont have time to pee some days never mind to stop Completely for a half hour

Former employees in California who are filing under a California law, but Vitran wants a decision from a court (9th appeals) in Florida about moving it to a Federal Class Action saying it exceeds the 5 million threshold. If Vitran wins, the court will decide where to hear the case somewhere in the US

Former employees in California who are filing under a California law, but Vitran wants a decision from a court (9th appeals) in Florida about moving it to a Federal Class Action saying it exceeds the 5 million threshold. If Vitran wins, the court will decide where to hear the case somewhere in the US

I just can't believe you! Vitran is on the edge of the end and you are looking at ways to pick at their bones. You work harder at trying NOT to work then if you just worked! By all means, PLEASE stay working at Vitran, I don't want you going to any good Union companies giving the Teamsters a bad name for your lazy excuse ridden performance! You are the kind of guy that would sleep behind K-Mart if you could get away with it.

Is anybody else with me on this?

hey, that's my sleeping spot. does'nt really matter anyways because they won't make it through 2013. their next move will be to take another concession and the drivers will shut this place down. there's driving jobs out there and will be no problem find 1

I agree with you. It's called my 30 minutes and I dont get paid for it, there fore I dont work for those 30minutes. its the dispatchers job to figure out who is going to cover for him for those 30min. or like I used to do, when I am done with my early morning swap and then my peddle run. b4 I came back to the yard I would take my lunch. granted it was after 11hours, but I got it. I dont understand how they even would have a case, even when you get back and the dispatcher tells you thats it for the day, Y didnt they just say" ok thanks i am going to take my lunch now?" those people are the types that put their tails between their legs and take what ever the managemnet gives them, it takes a bunch of them to stand up together,instead of one standing up for himself and his OWN family. I sure hope none of them are from the tennesse area. cuz I would hate to work with one of them........ you come out of hiding after 4 years????????? that just shows you have no self esteem, and no respect for yourself, and standing up for you and what YOU believe in....... PLAIN AND SIMPLE COWARDS if you ask me. (sorry if I sugar coated anything) :Violin:

I just can't believe you! Vitran is on the edge of the end and you are looking at ways to pick at their bones. You work harder at trying NOT to work then if you just worked! By all means, PLEASE stay working at Vitran, I don't want you going to any good Union companies giving the Teamsters a bad name for your lazy excuse ridden performance! You are the kind of guy that would sleep behind K-Mart if you could get away with it.

Is anybody else with me on this?

Are you also an idiot in real life? Got news for you, I am always near the top of our list for del and pu totals at my place, i never ask to go home or say i have had enough for a day, i work until the work is done, and even go to other driver's areas to grab their final picks to make sure everything gets done. You obviously did not understand the basis for the story, our terminal like so many others use the excuse "we don't have time for lunch breaks" so mention this story to your boss and see if you get your breaks? I just want whats fair, if I don't have time for the break, then don't take my 30 mins away, THAT IS THE MORAL OF THE STORY LAMAR

Are you also an idiot in real life? Got news for you, I am always near the top of our list for del and pu totals at my place, i never ask to go home or say i have had enough for a day, i work until the work is done, and even go to other driver's areas to grab their final picks to make sure everything gets done. You obviously did not understand the basis for the story, our terminal like so many others use the excuse "we don't have time for lunch breaks" so mention this story to your boss and see if you get your breaks? I just want whats fair, if I don't have time for the break, then don't take my 30 mins away, THAT IS THE MORAL OF THE STORY LAMAR
+1 on that

So the things you say on here about working at the minimum and putting it to the company and refusing to take equipment out of the yard that needs work are all lies? In your unguarded moments on this blog you say things that aren't true?

Yet even more reasons for you to stay working at this doomed company and not pollute another good company with your attitude. Further, I can only hope when this job finally ends that Karma prevents you from getting anything better than a fry-job at a fast food joint! Or better yet, maybe you get stuck working for Swifty! I believe the Pilot's are sub-terminals for Swifty, better check them out while you are running around the city "working honestly!"

So the things you say on here about working at the minimum and putting it to the company and refusing to take equipment out of the yard that needs work are all lies? In your unguarded moments on this blog you say things that aren't true?

Yet even more reasons for you to stay working at this doomed company and not pollute another good company with your attitude. Further, I can only hope when this job finally ends that Karma prevents you from getting anything better than a fry-job at a fast food joint! Or better yet, maybe you get stuck working for Swifty! I believe the Pilot's are sub-terminals for Swifty, better check them out while you are running around the city "working honestly!"

larmar replied "I stayed until the transition in 08 then got the flock out of there and never looked back!" You are an ex driver obviously with an axe to grind with Vitran or anyone who works for them. I for one will not let myself be drug into an online fight with an ex anything or anyone. I still put trucks and trailers OOS if it is called for, I still give my boss two notes about something wrong like a busted roof, then i drag it into the rain or snow and say I told you so, i still do the routes the way they loaded it after given more than enough chances for them to do it right. Go try and pick a fight with someone else, it is beneath me to do an online cock fight with someone I don't know

larmar replied "I stayed until the transition in 08 then got the flock out of there and never looked back!" You are an ex driver obviously with an axe to grind with Vitran or anyone who works for them. I for one will not let myself be drug into an online fight with an ex anything or anyone. I still put trucks and trailers OOS if it is called for, I still give my boss two notes about something wrong like a busted roof, then i drag it into the rain or snow and say I told you so, i still do the routes the way they loaded it after given more than enough chances for them to do it right. Go try and pick a fight with someone else, it is beneath me to do an online cock fight with someone I don't know

Bottom line, I have zero respect for worthless lazy slugs. Further, my job title at Pjackoff has nothing to do with how you present yourself in your unguarded moments on this blog. Your unguarded comments on here are who you really are in life.

Dad always said, "If a man will lie to you, he will steal from you!" That is still true today!