anyone ever have this done....?? (guys)

A microwave dish? sounds like a lot of fun,see if they can shove a pinnapple somewhere an check for pollips (sarc) All kidding aside I've never heard of that and don't ever want MY Dr. to mention it

then you had better hope you do not have problems peeing....

i was on "Flomax" many years ago, but after a while they stopped working, so i had to have a procedure much like this one done..

the flomax was expensive too....without insurance, nearly $150 for a bottle of 60 (twice per day)..

and the procedure back then, needles were inserted into the prostrate and then "radio waves" heated them up, to sort of "melt away" some of the gland...that procedure got me about 12 years...???.... Trans Urethral Needle Ablation...then i had to wear a "pee-bag" for a couple/three days.....that hurt more than the procedure...

now it's time for some more "melting away".....

if i need this to be done again in my future......(in another 10-15 years) i may have to have surgery instead.....

(only so much "melting" the gland can take)

Ok. Normally I'm a sufficiently strong guy. But what you people are talking about has made my skin literally jump off my body, run out the door, down the street to the neighbors house and has attached itself to their dog. It refused to come back until I get these posts deleted. By the way. The dog can't breath because my skin is curling up and tightening like an anaconda.

I have never had a problem like that. This is much better than what I have heard about the old procedure. As men age the chances of "guy problems" increase. I have heard many times that if a man lived long enough he would eventually have prostate cancer. I have known of men in their 90's who had prostate cancer that wasn't aggressive & they died of other causes. Research has improved quality & quantity of men's lives but a man must give the doctor a chance to help. I haven't had "guy" problems but by having checkups a urologist detected a problem early that no doubt saved my life.

well my prostrate problems are hereditary. so i was destined to get this problem as well.

many years ago when i was first diagnosed with BPH, i was put onto a medication known as Flomax.

a low dose at first, with increasing in dosage over time.

and flomax can be costly, even the co-pay was high, as i had shyte benefits back then.

then my "first" procedure "cured me" (of sorts) for a few years. i cannot remember the year i had that done, and the doctor's file on me wasn't as complete when i had asked him..(he had a mini file with him yesterday).

but in all reality, at least 12 years i think i got good results..

i could go and have surgery, or this other "melting" of the gland.

i chose "melting" as it's quicker, efficient, and far less "recovery time" as i'd be up and being nearly normal again, to also make my therapy sessions for my back.

even if i had chosen surgery, the worker's comp insurance cannot say anything about missing therapy sessions....

i'd have "the dog" (my lawyer) go after them big time to back off......till i fully recover from prostrate surgery.

if i can get "another 10-15 years (or so) out of this procedure, maybe by then, yet another procedure will be available as well, instead of surgery.

advances in procedures and longevity rates are always changing.

and for the record......NO the workmans comp insurance IS NOT paying for this procedure....

my health benefits/medicade are paying.....(what one doesn't fully cover, the other one will)

If any of you guys are Vietnam veterans be sure to have checkups for medical conditions that are related to serving time there.

I flat out REFUSE to have a Colonoscopy and as well any "searching" the rectal arena for "something".

I have had some minor problems with urinating yet they are not such a problem that some surgery would be agreed.

I have had some dribbles for YEARS, as well before the Testicular Cancer regimen, so IF the dribbles sometime become worse, as in streaming, I'll then get accustomed to DEPENDS, yet no urologist will be wary of me problem unless, somehow, I am cursed with some form of Uncontrolled Urination (which I had most times I heavily drank Alcohol).

Whatever works or is needed for some uv ya to keep the plumbing pumping is what is needed for sum uv ya.

- -If my skin crawled away, I would then appear as a creature from HELL RAISER- -

CHEERS!! :wee::wavey:

i don't believe anyone wants to be "probed", but this is how cancers are found in many instances, especially when a biopsy is performed, cancers can be caught and taken care of....

too many men die each year, all because they feel or think that getting probed has something to do with his loss of manhood.

update

got back from the urologists office about 2 hours ago.

i had to have the cystoscopy.......look that up and view the device, and how it is inserted....

warning...cross your legs first......

i had "pee'd" at the house before i left, and i had only about 6 ounces of water with a half sandwich, before going to the doc's.

when there, and when he inserted the scope, he couldn't see, he said i had WAY TOO MUCH urine inside....

i said, impossible, i only had a small amount of water...

well.......several seconds later.....

with that scope he was able to drain out over 600cc's of urine...!!!

the scope can have "tools" inserted into it, for a biopsy, drainage, etc.....

he gave me some antibiotics, as i may (or may not) now get an infection...

but tell you what...

with my back in pain....

now my "Richard" hurts, like it never hurt ever before.....

Christ.......

i'm a walking, talking, slow speed typing, pharmacy at the pc keyboard

A man can opt out of the digital (rectal) exam & have only the PSA (blood) test if he is uncomfortable with the traditional method. The newer blood tests are more reliable than in the past. The survival rate for early detected prostate cancer is about 95%. I like those odds but the only way to take advantage of the advances in detection & treatment is to be tested. I have several friends that had prostate cancer & were detected early & are survivors. I have also lost a few friends to prostate cancer that didn't have regular exams. When prostate cancer metastasizes it is very difficult to treat. No man wants to have prostate cancer but it is the most treatable cancer in men. I certainly don't want to have prostate cancer but I have annual exams that establish a PSA "baseline" for me. If there is a change from year to year it will alert the urologist & other tests can be done. I don't want my family to collect life insurance on me for many more years.

true about some men, and the failure to take care of themselves with regular exams, especially when we hit a "certain age"...

when i was teaching, a student asked me what is involved in a DOT exam.

when i told him, then jokingly added " a prostrate exam", he went ballistic saying how much no one, no how was going to DO THAT to him.....

then i got serious and asked, wouldn't you want to know if you had a cancer that can be cured...??

he continued his tirade and said, screw it, i don't care, yadda, yadda, yadda....

then i settled him done ( a bit) and told him the "finger exam" is NOT a part of the dot, but HIGHLY RECOMMENDED for men over the age of 40, which back then, he clearly was.

i went on to say, ok, you may not want to go....

but i can most certainly guarantee, that some day...YOUR WIFE will MAKE YOU go......

to wit he said.....

she can have her bags packed right now........

well......maybe someday, he will change his mind, especially if his brother (also a student of mine) gets cancer, or his dad, or someone else close to him......

all i can hope and pray for is that ALL MEN, grow the "F" up and take good care of themselves......

and you and i (and the rest here) all too well know......the men we have seen in just this industry alone.....

that COULD take better care of themselves.

by the way...an update...

my "Richard" doesn't hurt so much, if at all now......

the pain of that scope insertion from yesterday, has nearly 100% gone away....

it's the NEXT visit that will determine after THAT procedure, whether or not i get to wear a bag for a few days.....

and if that happens, no p/t for my back, till the bag is removed...

well...finally....i think i have that all important appointment, to get my "Richard" drilled out...

nurse called me earlier, and i had to call back, as i was not at home.

the nurse told me, this is what will actually be used that day, later this month.....UNLESS it get's changed again...>!!!!!

images

:hysterical:.........owwwww.............

i just finished up the antibiotics the doctor gave me last week, for the "pre-inspection" of the area. so far, no more phone calls re-scheduling the actual procedure on the 24th.

i just hope the drill bit is properly sterilized...

Well the microwave therapy isn't as bad as the the cystoscopy, according to the patients I talked to. I worked for a short time in a Urology clinic and assisted in the procedure a few times.

I've had several cystocopies for kidney stones and the worst for me was always having stents put in my ureters (the tubes from the kidney to the bladder). The stents cause me all kinds of discomfort and a week later I had to be scoped two more times to remove the stents. The stents decided to tangle together in my bladder so the doctor had to do some fancy maneuvering with the scope that left me promising to commit severe bodily harm on his person if I ever caught him out in public.

Sorry to hear about the prostate problems, but it's good to hear it's not cancer.

Well the microwave therapy isn't as bad as the the cystoscopy, according to the patients I talked to. I worked for a short time in a Urology clinic and assisted in the procedure a few times.

I've had several cystocopies for kidney stones and the worst for me was always having stents put in my ureters (the tubes from the kidney to the bladder). The stents cause me all kinds of discomfort and a week later I had to be scoped two more times to remove the stents. The stents decided to tangle together in my bladder so the doctor had to do some fancy maneuvering with the scope that left me promising to commit severe bodily harm on his person if I ever caught him out in public.

Sorry to hear about the prostate problems, but it's good to hear it's not cancer.

thankfully (or luckily) no mention of stents was ever mentioned to me at the first procedure nor this upcoming one, but i'd surmise that would be because any stones i have had, were so tiny that none were needed..??

this procedure (to me) is new, compared to the one in which radio waves "melted" the prostrate back by using tiny needles inserted into the gland..must be why back then i was fully knocked out for the procedure, and this one, i have to take a total of 3 pills before i go to the office to relax me. i was told that if i had an ipod, ipad, whatever pad, to take it and play my favorite music during this procedure.

yeah, cancer is scary, which is why i get checked out every year with the PSA testing.

well worth it.

Today's the day....

it's nearly 6:30 Am now, i was up at 4....

i gotta be at the doctors office by 8:45.

i had to drink just a small amount of water, and no coffee with my toast

just before i leave the house, i have to take 3 pills.

1) ALPRAZOLAM

2) CIPROFLOXCIN

3) HYDROCODONE

then someone will be driving me there, wait for me, drive me back.

i just hope that when it's done, that i do not have to wear a bag for a few days, like i had to years ago, after that procedure.

in any event....

i am looking forward to this procedure, rather than to be on meds for a few years..THEN have this done.

better to get it done and over with, considering the health benefits i have cover it all 100%.

these health benefits will not last long.

i'll send off a 'report" later in the day, if i am up to it, or tomorrow.

I have wondered why you left the medical profession.