Central Transport | Anyone hear anything about the PIT terminal yet?

Stamper said they were going to use the garage out there to refurbish equipment at our meeting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Take this with a grain of salt, but I guess there are kicking around the idea of keeping Pitt a hub and using it to break all the east and south bound feirght.

But with Cleveland 2 hours away I don't see this happen, but who knows.

Pitt was a pretty big terminal with a trailer shop and garage. Unless they want to sell it, I can nto see why they would close it. As far as the office space, I guess they could rent it out to a broker?

Does central still have the huge barn in hammond indiana right of the toll road? I can see markham closing (which is a dump) and moving the operation over to hammond in

offices are like a ghost town, still up in the air if they're going to keep it open.
yeah but I keep hearing more and more people are getting let go... i dont think they will be keeping the office open.

as far as anything else goes no idea, but it wont be anything like the place it used to

its a shame, there were a lot of people there who worked hard, that place has had some back luck lately... started with billing and all those other things now it seems like every office employee in PIT is gonna be out of work soon enough.

yeah but I keep hearing more and more people are getting let go... i dont think they will be keeping the office open.

as far as anything else goes no idea, but it wont be anything like the place it used to

its a shame, there were a lot of people there who worked hard, that place has had some back luck lately... started with billing and all those other things now it seems like every office employee in PIT is gonna be out of work soon enough.

Its just a matter of time before everyone at PIT is gone....just office, not sure about terminal. I heard so many rumors about the teminal that it makes no sense to comment on it.

One thing that is for sure is that they are going to combine buildings. Everyone that works in the office will be at the old PJAX office..PGO. The newest buliding is too costly to rent.

Got a recording of our meeting, Stamper spoke about using the garage to refurbish the trucks and trailers. Nothing about using Pitt as a hub, though could still be up in the air.