Yellow | Anyone heard anything from the COO hearings held today? (11/11/2008)

I will restate my point once again, if a person hired on at Roadway they intended to work at Roadway similarly, if someone hired onto a Road position they intended to do line work. Roadway no longer exists, just as Yellow does not exist, if the contract is going to be changed to accommodate the merger per the Inactive/Active debate, I see no reason that seniority should not prevail under all circumstances, by this I mean above company, layoff status, and classification. I understand everyone is selfish, and may have they're own agenda here, but I believe the majority of employees would benefit from a situation like this.

Its simple to call me a "meester" or something, but my proposed situation really would positively affect the majority of all members. By reducing your comments to simple insults, you only reaffirm my initial doubts that this merger could ever be successful. Desperation is evident by people pulling quotes out of SEC filings..

Well, this is all fine and dandy...Teamster logic and the Seniorty way...

But what about the Email letter my TM got from HIS boss to explain what TM is to do when we merge, and how this is gonna work? The TM is the boss, and file all the grievances ya want.... The NMFA is just all screwed up all over the regions and it will come down to the area/region and the dern TM..... and BA will say " OKAY".....

That's what it looks like to me..... at least where I am .

As for me, I know them all ( where I work, I know both Yellow and Roadway, persoanlly) AND I'm gonna HATE IT, no matter how it turns out..... and I ain't talking about me..... and I gonna wish I could keep some, and get rid of some.... but it ain't gonna be my choice... and I think the Teamsters will just say "Okay", after TM decides, based on what his boss told him, with some personal selection of TM...whenhe can find a way to get away with it...and he will....

sucks...don't it?

Bluemule,I have always enjoyed your posts but must correct ya on this one.Alot of us are scared and are reacting in negative ways....22 years and thought I would retire with a good pension,now I don't even know if I will have a job or if the company itself is gonna survive. With that said,My understanding of a decision reached at the C.O.O. is that straight line senoirity will prevail....desperate people do and say desperate things....active and inactive rosters are contractual but this ammendment has been changed to my understanding to just straight-line senoirity.:1036316054:

My understanding of a decision reached at the C.O.O. is that straight line senoirity will prevail....desperate people do and say desperate things....active and inactive rosters are contractual but this ammendment has been changed to my understanding to just straight-line senoirity.
Hey falcon...........the way I understand it if you are at a classified terminal you will continue to be classified. The city seniority (P+D, dock, switch) lists will be merged in seniority order by classification. Not straightline. DS.

HEY! I got one to add to this. Got a man with 12 years company time, transfered to another Term. New bid senority is 5 years. Still same classifacation. Which date we gonna use for him? :shrug: I got my ideas but wonder what everyone thinks. :stirthepot:

I'm too slow for dude!! I was gonna say he'll use his 5 year seniority. If he transfered with a COO he wouldn't loose seniority. Under 5-5, his seniority starts over at the new terminal. Correct me if I'm wrong. DS.

Not sure what article was used. But that was my thinking on how it would go down. Seems it was a little local thing. We shall see. Thanks Dude/Dock. :1036316054:

HEY! I got one to add to this. Got a man with 12 years company time, transfered to another Term. New bid senority is 5 years. Still same classifacation. Which date we gonna use for him? :shrug: I got my ideas but wonder what everyone thinks. :stirthepot:

If he just transfered over he would have gone to the bottom of his classification and whatever his current seniority is (not company) would be used.

I understand what you are getting at. We have guys that have gone from the Road to the city and vice versa here. Where they have more company seniority than actual classification seniority. In their cases you would have to go by their classification seniority.

Where ever you stand under you current classification is where you will fit under a combined list. Otherwise, guys that for the past 10 yrs that have been at the bottom of one board would all of a sudden jump ahead of everyone they were below for all this time...Not going to happen.

If he just transfered over he would have gone to the bottom of his classification and whatever his current seniority is (not company) would be used.

I understand what you are getting at. We have guys that have gone from the Road to the city and vice versa here. Where they have more company seniority than actual classification seniority. In their cases you would have to go by their classification seniority.

Where ever you stand under you current classification is where you will fit under a combined list. Otherwise, guys that for the past 10 yrs that have been at the bottom of one board would all of a sudden jump ahead of everyone they were below for all this time...Not going to happen.
The thing that had me wondering was class never changed, P&D to P&D. Not a common thing around here so no precident to go on. That said I do think it will be bidding senority.

The thing that had me wondering was class never changed, P&D to P&D. Not a common thing around here so no precident to go on. That said I do think it will be bidding senority.

I would agree in that situation you would go by their bidding/terminal seniority. I don't see how you could justify the other. If someone chose to transfer without a COO they gave up their right to dovetail and go to the bottom of a list and from then on they use their new terminal seniority for bidding. So, why should they get to dovetail on their company time now when they haven't been able to since they transfered and gave up that right.

I would agree in that situation you would go by their bidding/terminal seniority. I don't see how you could justify the other. If someone chose to transfer without a COO they gave up their right to dovetail and go to the bottom of a list and from then on they use their new terminal seniority for bidding. So, why should they get to dovetail on their company time now when they haven't been able to since they transfered and gave up that right.
Makes sense to me. :1036316054: Now what of the dock worker that transfered to P&D? Bids bottom for a year and a day now? I say it's all city time so it all counts. So many questions. :shutup2:

Makes sense to me. :1036316054: Now what of the dock worker that transfered to P&D? Bids bottom for a year and a day now? I say it's all city time so it all counts. So many questions. :shutup2:

Not sure what you are asking here....But at our terminal P&D, Dock, Hostling are all on the same board (City board).

Classification bidding?

I was linehaul for 10 years and transferred to Utility (moved back home), how will this affect me? Will I go by my company senority time or my terminal/classification time...? This terminal only has 1 board, P&D, dock, utility. If we go by my classification/terminal time its gonna be a bad deal, if its company time I will fair pretty good...

Bluemule,I have always enjoyed your posts but must correct ya on this one.Alot of us are scared and are reacting in negative ways....22 years and thought I would retire with a good pension,now I don't even know if I will have a job or if the company itself is gonna survive. With that said,My understanding of a decision reached at the C.O.O. is that straight line senoirity will prevail....desperate people do and say desperate things....active and inactive rosters are contractual but this ammendment has been changed to my understanding to just straight-line senoirity.:1036316054:

Thx for the compliment...hubby had 18 years with CF..... need I say any thing more......

or the reason for my "crappy" attitude....

Please read this quote again and then apply it to the work rules in your own areas.
There seems to be allot of confusion here as to work rules from different regions. As far as I can see they are not being changed and they will apply as well after the designated COO.
If you are petitioning this seniority you are in effect only petitioning the work rules in your region and it will be heard or reviewed on that level only and not nationaly.
I work in the North East as a road driver and we do have the ability to jump classifications with seniority intact when ever there is a Major change of operations or an annual bid.
This has felt very unfair over the years as I have watched dock workers trained in the yard bump me but....."those were the breaks"!!! I have had to deal with it over the years and it has hurt watching my seniority on the road go backwards for the last 20 years. If you wish to change the system where you work, Follow the process but be careful.....you just might get what you ask for!
I guess what im trying to say here is that,I dont see any other way of doing this than the way that was stated above. After this merge of the master list you would be able to bid into the work rules of the area or region where you work according to the rules of the NMFA and its SUPLEMENTS for the region you are currently working or transferring into if that should apply.
Just my opinion here at the moment but Im watching,listening and hoping for a end to all this so we can get back to being a profitable company with a promising future.

Originally Posted by Kennesaw Kid
We sent a BA out there and in a conference call with us all last night he told us that ALL employees from BOTH companies will be dovetailed and then layoffs would come from the bottom of that list. No active or inactive lists will be used. COO will come out 12/08 and go in effect 1/09 and then another will come out to go in effet by 3/09 and ALL employees will be merged by March 2009....KK

STILL looks pretty simple to me.
Dove tail your master list and from there all classification bidding would be in accordance with the NMFA and it's SUPLEMENT's at the terminal where you are or will be worling at!

I was linehaul for 10 years and transferred to Utility (moved back home), how will this affect me? Will I go by my company senority time or my terminal/classification time...? This terminal only has 1 board, P&D, dock, utility. If we go by my classification/terminal time its gonna be a bad deal, if its company time I will fair pretty good...

Kinda got the same thing going here too at pzz ant place here. Seniority was posted, and everybody here had the same dern start day and year !--Seniors anyway, not the new juniors--- I looked at it, and said "somethin wrong with that ".... ( posted by TM , I might add) Well, since all the hullabaloo... new seniority list was posted ! AHA! This looks more correct ! The one guy in question was complaining about " company time" and his terminal time" --a transfer guy---- Another guy keeps harping on his "time" UP NORTH.... since they now posted a more accurate post of "actual" seniority of this terminal....These guys will now be "bumped down" in seniority, which they never had to deal with before, when we merge. New seniority list was posted based on time at THIS PLACE only, not any teamster time, or someplace else, or if you were here and left and then came back or whatever....

Well, guys... you moved... you left and came back, or whatever yer story is.... or came from someplace else to here.... Day ONE starts the time you were here, (The last time....) not company time, or the situation that had been made at the past times....

I got soo many drivers that came from CF or someplace else...do they think that time is counted? No, they do not..... and I am inclined to agree with them.... I never assumed that either. And I got left and come back.... Time starts day you came back....

I don't feel sorry for them. I already know too many others that came from someplace else, and had to start at the bottom all over again, but this was all OKAY with the surviving company. AT THE TIME...but now, since it is THEM...

different story.....

Can't comment on how it will all turn out---don't know--- or have any clue....