Estes | Anyone heard this one yet?

Ya i have but wouldn't we know ?? I know covenant has taken pay cuts so the must be in bad shape. the only reason I doubt it is because we shelled out all that cash on the YRCW land soo just how deep them pockets ??? we will see

Well was in Chicago again this week, man I hate going there but anyway a Covenant Driver came in said he was going to California, and next thing you know gets the bills and on his way.
Must be nice. Would not suprise me a bit, kind of like CCX buying Crete, sucks to be a team driver and a Linehaul driver does'nt it? Unless of course you are one of the lucky ones that still have run.

If Covenant is profitable, it would'nt suprise me... Rob Estes never buys a loser... I don't know anything about this company...

I have seen an awful lot of Covenant trucks at Estes down the street in the past few weeks. I drive by there at least twice a day for the past couple years and don't remember seeing this before. Just an observation. Hope I'm not butting in where I don't belong.

I have seen an awful lot of Covenant trucks at Estes down the street in the past few weeks. I drive by there at least twice a day for the past couple years and don't remember seeing this before. Just an observation. Hope I'm not butting in where I don't belong.

We don't tell people that they are not wanted in our forum,USA.You are welcome anytime.

Well was in Chicago again this week, man I hate going there but anyway a Covenant Driver came in said he was going to California, and next thing you know gets the bills and on his way.
Must be nice. Would not suprise me a bit, kind of like CCX buying Crete, sucks to be a team driver and a Linehaul driver does'nt it? Unless of course you are one of the lucky ones that still have run.

CCX didn't buy Crete they bought CFL.

We don't tell people that they are not wanted in our forum,USA.You are welcome anytime.

Thankyou much. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't where I wasn't supposed to be.

I do find it interesting though. I live right down the street and the past few months there has definitely been lots of Interstate and Covenant over there. Since I've been here for years, before they moved in actually I have never seen that many. Thinking of it I haven't seen hardly any at all till lately.

Contractors are widespread. Companies, in the state of the economy, have to try to cut cost somehow. I know I'm probably going to get blasted for saying that, but it's true.I haven't heard of a whole lot of drivers being set at home as much as I did 6 months ago,in the Southwest Region.It might be isolated incidents out there,but not as bad as it was.

i've heard that the contract carriers are getting the west coast freight because there isn't enough frieght coming back east so it's better to give that freight to outsiders than to have our guys sit waiting for return loads

well also its cheaper to run company guys on the east side than the west side is what I'm told anyhow

Covenant pulling Estes Doubles

I noticed a Covenant tractor pulling a set of Estes Pups last month at the Pilot near East Saint Louis.

Maybe this is not a new practice, but it was the first set of Doubles that I had seen being pulled by Covenant.

If Covenant is profitable, it would'nt suprise me... Rob Estes never buys a loser... I don't know anything about this company...

Well they lost about 4 million in the 3rd quarter, this year..... dirt cheap,good buy, or a looser ??? Sounds like they need a different direction to run in, cuz they were in the minority of bigger loosing companies

They must have the owner operator mentality. More miles, more miles and more miles multiplied by cheap freight equals a company just spinning their wheels with a big check that is pointless. They pull in our terminal like a fish looking for meat on a hook then they get sent off to BFE.

Last edited by a moderator:
well now.i talk to them [covenant driver ] in Atlanta, they make very little money per mile [very little]. they would be use to little pay checks, rob could use that run them not us and make money, with that group of drivers. robs going to pay off those YRC terminals in a couple years 180 million . he has money my money 401 , pay increases, oh he has money. rob will use them ,when time is right rob will buy them. rob is not a dummy. ???? buying them may not be true ,so??? rob used YRC just as an opportunity to take back some of what he gave me ,that is my opinion that is how i see it. what do i know?? about the no freight on the return trip thats not all true. what i hear is some runs do have freight both way.. i having fun anyway . see u on the road.

Many of the Covenant drivers we see regularly are scheduled teams. The others run the west coast junk and need to rely on Covenant to get them back east. They normally get the .80 a mile garbage coming out of that area.

Here is what blows me away about covenant, they do or did really push the fact that they are a strong christian company , but they pay slave wages. Take a look at that big money terminal next time you head into Chattanooga what could be left for the drivers after covering the note on that palace?