Estes | Anyone heard this one yet?

Well they lost about 4 million in the 3rd quarter, this year..... dirt cheap,good buy, or a looser ??? Sounds like they need a different direction to run in, cuz they were in the minority of bigger loosing companies

Read they lost closer to 11 million vs. 1 million profit in 3Q 2010. Rob dont want this ship. Its taking on water too fast.

Well was in Chicago again this week, man I hate going there but anyway a Covenant Driver came in said he was going to California, and next thing you know gets the bills and on his way.
Must be nice. Would not suprise me a bit, kind of like CCX buying Crete, sucks to be a team driver and a Linehaul driver does'nt it? Unless of course you are one of the lucky ones that still have run.

Covenant always been first priority in Chicago.

Well was in Chicago again this week, man I hate going there but anyway a Covenant Driver came in said he was going to California, and next thing you know gets the bills and on his way.
Must be nice. Would not suprise me a bit, kind of like CCX buying Crete, sucks to be a team driver and a Linehaul driver does'nt it? Unless of course you are one of the lucky ones that still have run.

CCX (Con-way) didn't buy Crete, they bought CFI. Turned it to Con-way Truckload. I was there 3 1/2 years before coming to the LTL side.

well now.i talk to them [covenant driver ] in Atlanta, they make very little money per mile [very little]. they would be use to little pay checks, rob could use that run them not us and make money, with that group of drivers. robs going to pay off those YRC terminals in a couple years 180 million . he has money my money 401 , pay increases, oh he has money. rob will use them ,when time is right rob will buy them. rob is not a dummy. ???? buying them may not be true ,so??? rob used YRC just as an opportunity to take back some of what he gave me ,that is my opinion that is how i see it. what do i know?? about the no freight on the return trip thats not all true. what i hear is some runs do have freight both way.. i having fun anyway . see u on the road.

Covenant is known for being a trucker puppy mill. They bring in guys with no experience, barely train them, then stick them out with another new recruit to team. So the blind is leading the blind. We call it sub-service here at Con-way. Load up long-distance freight on a contractor, pay them peanuts, and watch that money roll in. I talked to a team that had just come to Con-way Truckload from Estes. They were laid off because Covenant undercut their run and are pulling the freight for .88/mile.