SAIA | Appeals review committee

Brother Trucker

TB Regular
Credits
Anybody here had any experience with the committee either as a member as someone appealing termination?
Particularly interested in whether this committee convenes by conference call or meeting in one particular place for hearing.
Last information seen on the success of appeals seemed heavily biased towards the management stance towards whatever information was presented i.e. low number of reinstatements vs. number of appeals.

Conference call!! Talked to a guy who tried it!! Anytime you have a valid point in your favor and the people on the call say anything positive your way the HR department says let's move on!! It's not there to help you it's more of a tool to help from being sued!!

yup, heavily favors the company. You can show in person but it's on your dime. I even asked why I was being fired, they wouldn't say(although I know the reason, but there had to be more to it) You get your 15 minutes to state your case, which if you tell the truth will be the same thing you wrote down on paper before hand. Not sure if company gets to hear what you say. Committee asks questions, I got a question about a previous case lol(maybe he fell asleep) They then get off the phone and say they will call you back in 30-45 minutes. Pretty sure company gets to go last, probably after they heard your arguments. You never hear the companies side, so then you cannot respond to anything they might be wrong about. They ended up calling 6.5 hours later.

It's really completely unfair. I agree with dancing chicken as a way to avoid lawsuits.

The first step is this. If you are fired and want to ask for a appeal. You ask the very person that fired you LOL I mean he did approve it, but It was still ridiculous.

I looked at it as another way to try and avoid the union coming on. it's stated that it's stacked against you. there is a member of HR that supposedly knows nothing about the case on the committee, and they have to come to a unanimous decision for reinstatement to happen. a couple of my buddies should have been but back on, but were not. that says it all.....

I looked at it as another way to try and avoid the union coming on. it's stated that it's stacked against you. there is a member of HR that supposedly knows nothing about the case on the committee, and they have to come to a unanimous decision for reinstatement to happen. a couple of my buddies should have been but back on, but were not. that says it all.....
I believe it's impossible for there to be any member of management or HR who isn't aware of the matter at hand. Central Dispatch has copies of photos available to them within hours of the pictures being uploaded. It would seem like the integrity of this committee, or at the very least, that of the entire process is suspect at best or corrupt at the very worst.

Anybody here had any experience with the committee either as a member as someone appealing termination?
Particularly interested in whether this committee convenes by conference call or meeting in one particular place for hearing.
Last information seen on the success of appeals seemed heavily biased towards the management stance towards whatever information was presented i.e. low number of reinstatements vs. number of appeals.
Of course ,you haven't any kinda of representation . Its always going to be that way and management is going to keep it that way . Your only an employee at will . Here today gone tomorrow . How ever there other options that would help bring respect but then again you guys probably don't want to up set management so live with it .

When you have a great point that might save your job HR says let's move on!! It's all smoke and mirrors!! It's not there to help the terminated employee!! It's set up to help avoid lawsuits!!

I can only go by what drivers have told me... It very unfair and one sided... Plus look at the number 2 out of over 50 got their jobs back....
This is one of the reasons why the union came about . All it takes is some bully punk in management to ruin your life with that company . I personally would never want to work nonunion just for what you state here.