Central Transport | appleton wi opening up

You've gotta be kidding me? They just closed the GBY terminal in April of '09. If you want to protect yourself, steer clear of Vitran!! I am originally from Rockford IL, they closed us in April of '09 also. From what I have heard its become a nastier place than it was before. Good luck either way! :shift:

Rockford was closed up because you guys tried to vote the Teamsters in. Good luck with that.

The same thing happen in detroit long time ago. Vitran came in shut it down, ran all the freight through Toledo. Then 5 years later reopened, all because Detroit tried to go union.

i went by the yard an there is a forsale sign up what is that about look like it has been not used for a whille grass not mowed and doors wide open???? there were fours car in the yard but no one there waht is up anyone know any thing.

[quote author=driver99 link=topic=81346.msg841719#msg841719 date=1277823146]
i went by the yard an there is a forsale sign up what is that about look like it has been not used for a whille grass not mowed and doors wide open???? there were fours car in the yard but no one there waht is up anyone know any thing.
[/quote]

the terminal was closed months ago . they keep a few drivers up there and use the yard as a drop yard .. so someone brings a load up there (from milwaukee or tomah) and goes to the hotel while the city driver delivers it ... they thought they could service the area by covering it with milwaukee drivers (and tomah) . but things are getting busy so theres talk of reopening it . i heard they are going to reopen it . so thats why there hiring is my guess ...

why would close a terminal in appleton when it takes 2.5hrs to drive from tomah or 2 hrs from mil????? i know that i will not be applying here if they made that stupid mistake. they will make the same one again.