ABF | Arcbest buys 3 terminals at the YRC auction

Hope they got them cheap as they need a lot of repairs & updates .
The Holland ones were not that bad.... Columbus I thought was in good shape .... Des Moines is older.... The yard is pretty small.... Won't be bad for pups ...

No shops at either... They do have fuel islands.

I can't say anything about the yrc terminal in Arkansas.... Never been there.

The Holland ones were not that bad.... Columbus I thought was in good shape .... Des Moines is older.... The yard is pretty small.... Won't be bad for pups ...

No shops at either... They do have fuel islands.

I can't say anything about the yrc terminal in Arkansas.... Never been there.
If you have been to ABF's yard in Des Moines this place is a monster!!! The current yard is a disgrace to say the least. Can hardly drive around that yard it's so tight on weekends

Apparently the company thinks freight will be slow for a lor a long time. As of today the ABF Used Equipment site has the most equipment for sale I have seen in a long time. When the company starts unloading that much equipment they don't think they will need it.
I don’t know we hired 2 new guys & they sent us up Mack’s that should have been in Honduras two years ago. I just hope they don’t make the same mistake they made years ago when they under bought/sold & they ended up renting & buying used tractors.

I don’t know we hired 2 new guys & they sent us up Mack’s that should have been in Honduras two years ago. I just hope they don’t make the same mistake they made years ago when they under bought/sold & they ended up renting & buying used tractors.
If 041 is any indicator, we have been perpetually 4 power units shy all that time for our barn. Using every road tractor that comes through and having to rent 2-4 power units just to cover breakdowns as well. Carlisle can’t shunt units to us fast enough to replace the units aging out and the ones we were still down by as well ( the 3 KW we had that never truly been replaced, personally think we should have got a Mack twinscrew or 2 when they were sent back to retire)

Many of those listed for sale have mechanical problems that can be repaired but apparently the company thinks the cost of repair does not justify repair & keeping the units. I remember doing major repairs on older units that were put back in service & ran for quite a while before finally being pulled & sold. We had to get an okay from a higher echelon before spending on an older unit. I guess sometimes Rental/Leasing is cost effective but there is no revenue when you return the units. When owned units are pulled what they sell for is revenue that goes to the company. I still think that company shops do better work & cost less than farming out work.

The Holland barn in Columbus on Journal is very nice, 100 doors and plenty of yard space, 2 or 3 bay covered fuel island- no shop.
Our Terminal Manager out of 063 .Said has soon as all the trailer and what not is cleared out. There going in and doing some remodeling. And going to built a shop there to. Then we will be moving in..

And No i wont be replying here anymore drinking.. Dont need to be called Captain Cave Man anymore. Already made kind of ass over in the Fed Ex Freight forums.. Sheeez.