ABF | ArcBest Calls Media Reporting 'Defamatory'

Freightmaster1

TB Legend
Credits
Brad Delco covers transportation companies, including ArcBest, for Stephens Inc. in Little Rock, where he is a managing director.

“Judy McReynolds is extremely well regarded in this industry, and it is almost laughable that someone could make that [accounting] claim,” Delco said. “The only way you could is by not knowing the integrity of the people that work there. That’s the most important point: One could argue that ArcBest is too conservative, but it’s a real shame someone would make a claim like that regarding a company as highly regarded for open and transparent communication with Wall Street.”

https://www.arkansasbusiness.com/article/123686/arcbest-calls-media-reporting-defamatory

96L0n7c.jpg

See! I told you guys it was fake news!
:bananapartyhat:

Brad Delco covers transportation companies, including ArcBest, for Stephens Inc. in Little Rock, where he is a managing director.

“Judy McReynolds is extremely well regarded in this industry, and it is almost laughable that someone could make that [accounting] claim,” Delco said. “The only way you could is by not knowing the integrity of the people that work there. That’s the most important point: One could argue that ArcBest is too conservative, but it’s a real shame someone would make a claim like that regarding a company as highly regarded for open and transparent communication with Wall Street.”

https://www.arkansasbusiness.com/article/123686/arcbest-calls-media-reporting-defamatory

96L0n7c.jpg

See! I told you guys it was fake news!
:bananapartyhat:
Yeah, we seem to notice more ‘integrity’ right around contract time (rolling eyes).

They got plenty of....."integrity".......when it comes to potential shareholders and investors.......

Not so much when it comes to dealing with their employees......(....by the way,...I'm still waiting for YRC to buy ABF.....I want to make a killing on the stock split...)....

ArcBest has turned into an investment vehicle,....that happens to be funded by a trucking company......

They got plenty of....."integrity".......when it comes to potential shareholders and investors.......

Not so much when it comes to dealing with their employees......(....by the way,...I'm still waiting for YRC to buy ABF.....I want to make a killing on the stock split...)....

ArcBest has turned into an investment vehicle,....that happens to be funded by a trucking company......

With your just stated investment savvy, I now understand why 401k’s are not your cup of tea.

With your just stated investment savvy, I now understand why 401k’s are not your cup of tea.

I'll admit to being risk-adverse,........the same way I'm risk-adverse in Atlantic City or Las Vegas........I hate being forced to gamble with my future.........

When 40% of the..."value"...of my 401(k) was lost,....due to a "market adjustment",....I learned everything I needed to know about defined-contribution investment schemes.

I'll admit to being risk-adverse,........the same way I'm risk-adverse in Atlantic City or Las Vegas........I hate being forced to gamble with my future.........

When 40% of the..."value"...of my 401(k) was lost,....due to a "market adjustment",....I learned everything I needed to know about defined-contribution investment schemes.
401scam!

I know this is off topic..i am exploring employment with abf. I have been moved to 'the next step in process' of my application. Could someone tell me what a p+d driver/dock will consist of in tampa fla.? I can do both well...but preferr to mostly p+d over 10 hours on dock. Thank you in advance for your insight.

I know this is off topic..i am exploring employment with abf. I have been moved to 'the next step in process' of my application. Could someone tell me what a p+d driver/dock will consist of in tampa fla.? I can do both well...but preferr to mostly p+d over 10 hours on dock. Thank you in advance for your insight.

I'm retired, Brother,.....from the W. Pa. area. All I can tell you is that the bottom of the board will inevitably work some sort of night time dock. A Union carrier will post jobs according to seniority,...and I can bet that there are guys waiting for you to get hired so they can bid off of dock.
The P+D designation is for company flexibility. As things change,....and they do quickly sometimes in freight,....they may need you on the street one day, and then on the dock the next.
Of course, the higher in seniority,...the better and more stable your schedule will become.

The problem in trucking is that for the last 20 or so years,.....there really hasn't been any "new blood", so to speak,..in LTL freight. Each company just waited for the next one to shut down,...and then Hoovered up the existing laid-off employees,........ALL of whom were very familiar how LTL freight works, and how jobs are bid, and how work flows around.
So,...the companies got lulled into a sense that everyone applying for an LTL freight job,....understood how rough the bottom of the board can be. Until you are on the Guarantee...(..usually 85% of the seniority board..)....there are NO Guarantees......

Trucking is an...unusual job, to say the least.......Overtime is almost a given,.....No real "family-friendly" schedule........work outside in sometimes horrendous conditions......
No carrier....Union or non-Union,.......will change those conditions,. They like things that way. One of the reasons there is a 95% turnover rate in truckload,...and a rising turnover rate in LTL.
Other occupations now pay equal,...or better,...with much more job protection and conditions that are "family-friendly".....

Don't want to scare you off,........As I said,...I'm retired, with a pretty good pension..(..NOT a 401(k) annuity scheme..). You just have to realize that you've got to "pay your dues" probably far more in this industry, than any other,....before it starts paying off for you.

And,...that applies to Union and non-Union companies. At least Union companies let you retain your First Amendment Rights when you punch the timeclock......

Good Luck, Brother........

Its a bad time of the year to be seeking employment in the LTL market. This time of year work slows down and layoffs happen a some terminals I got laid off at a small terminal 11 months. If you can find other work to hold on you might be able to do it.I got 16 months with ABF only worked maybe a total of 4 months. I made a big Mistake coming here and today took a job with a non union carrier who doesnt lay off. 17 years LTL and 15 being union time to move on wish you best of luck! Sandman !

You want to explain a bit why you call a 401K a "scam"? I'm curious to hear your answer.
Brace yourself for canary’s answer, triplex. I can pretty much guarantee you the answer will be accurate and fact-based...that is, without any personal biases on canary’s part. If memory serves, and it usually does, canary has addressed this issue in previous posts. Listen and learn!

Brace yourself for canary’s answer, triplex. I can pretty much guarantee you the answer will be accurate and fact-based...that is, without any personal biases on canary’s part. If memory serves, and it usually does, canary has addressed this issue in previous posts. Listen and learn!

Trucker 206, my response was directed at jaloc not canary. However I'm well prepared to discuss 401k's with canary at any time, also without any personal biases.

Trucker 206, my response was directed at jaloc not canary. However I'm well prepared to discuss 401k's with canary at any time, also without any personal biases.

Well, I’m ready to discuss 401k’s with a great deal of personal bias, included. :17142:

I'm retired, Brother,.....from the W. Pa. area. All I can tell you is that the bottom of the board will inevitably work some sort of night time dock. A Union carrier will post jobs according to seniority,...and I can bet that there are guys waiting for you to get hired so they can bid off of dock.
The P+D designation is for company flexibility. As things change,....and they do quickly sometimes in freight,....they may need you on the street one day, and then on the dock the next.
Of course, the higher in seniority,...the better and more stable your schedule will become.

The problem in trucking is that for the last 20 or so years,.....there really hasn't been any "new blood", so to speak,..in LTL freight. Each company just waited for the next one to shut down,...and then Hoovered up the existing laid-off employees,........ALL of whom were very familiar how LTL freight works, and how jobs are bid, and how work flows around.
So,...the companies got lulled into a sense that everyone applying for an LTL freight job,....understood how rough the bottom of the board can be. Until you are on the Guarantee...(..usually 85% of the seniority board..)....there are NO Guarantees......

Trucking is an...unusual job, to say the least.......Overtime is almost a given,.....No real "family-friendly" schedule........work outside in sometimes horrendous conditions......
No carrier....Union or non-Union,.......will change those conditions,. They like things that way. One of the reasons there is a 95% turnover rate in truckload,...and a rising turnover rate in LTL.
Other occupations now pay equal,...or better,...with much more job protection and conditions that are "family-friendly".....

Don't want to scare you off,........As I said,...I'm retired, with a pretty good pension..(..NOT a 401(k) annuity scheme..). You just have to realize that you've got to "pay your dues" probably far more in this industry, than any other,....before it starts paying off for you.

And,...that applies to Union and non-Union companies. At least Union companies let you retain your First Amendment Rights when you punch the timeclock......

Good Luck, Brother........
I would never ever suggest anyone work for ANY LTL company.
Not what it used to be and be never will be.
It's just a job nowadays..
No future. No past.
Just use it for an in between job. Not bad for that.
To make a career out of it. Nah.
:1sm057crazy:

Its a bad time of the year to be seeking employment in the LTL market. This time of year work slows down and layoffs happen a some terminals I got laid off at a small terminal 11 months. If you can find other work to hold on you might be able to do it.I got 16 months with ABF only worked maybe a total of 4 months. I made a big Mistake coming here and today took a job with a non union carrier who doesnt lay off. 17 years LTL and 15 being union time to move on wish you best of luck! Sandman !
Its sad this company is willing to give up good drivers because the sales force wont sell or is not given the proper rates to compete. Coming from Roadway 11 years ago i can tell you this the sales model & there lack aggression towards getting freight is pathetic....

Sorry to see them forcing you out, Brother. We all have to make decisions that are family-based. It's a shame that ArcBest still does not realize things have drastically changed in trucking in general, and LTL in particular.

Keep us up to speed as to which carrier you're with, and how they're treating you. You're on withdrawal card,......you're still a Teamster at heart even though your employer is not.

Oops...my bad. I see my error now, thank you for pointing that out. This ‘crow’ I’m eating now tastes...disappointing! :) have a great weekend!