ABF | Arcbest for sale?

If XPO has debt of $3.5 billion?? They operate in the 80's thus paying that off is no big issue.
Obviously XPO does exactly what Yellow was unable to do, generate profits PRIOR to paying off any debt.
You could be correct in stating that many of these companies may/may not have consolidated. No one knows that answer.
More importantly almost no union carriers remain save ABF and T Force and see consolidation in their future.
Back in the glory days of teamster LTL we were constantly reminded that teamster jobs bring Job Security?????
For your sake I hope you do ride ABF until the wheel fall off....
I get it bro no worries, I got more Job security and bid security and run security at ABF than any of these other LTL carriers, and yea stuff happens and maybe ABF will go under but I refuse to be brainwashed that working union doesn’t benefit me my family and our future, soon as ABF is gone I’ll continue on at another union company no big deal, LTL freight isn’t the only option….

If XPO has debt of $3.5 billion?? They operate in the 80's thus paying that off is no big issue.
Obviously XPO does exactly what Yellow was unable to do, generate profits PRIOR to paying off any debt.
You could be correct in stating that many of these companies may/may not have consolidated. No one knows that answer.
More importantly almost no union carriers remain save ABF and T Force and see consolidation in their future.
Back in the glory days of teamster LTL we were constantly reminded that teamster jobs bring Job Security?????
For your sake I hope you do ride ABF until the wheel fall off....
And you were making such good progress before your relapse.
You need to get the Teamsters off your mind before you wind up in a rubber room. :bouncy:

As someone who has been with Overnite, Ups freight and now TForce... I can only say that all of you at ABF should hope and pray Tfi doesn't buy ABF... Because they will do the same to you guys as they have done to us.
Tforce is fine and heading in different operations philosophy than most is used to so change is hard. Pay and medical are good and they ain’t going out of business which is all one should really care. I been here almost twenty years and I have never seen employees complain and bitch like ovnt/upsf with nothing useful or positive to say about the company. Go to our TB and the topic that gets the most discussion is about some BS “tip tally” lol
I do believe ABF will be sold as they are at the pinnacle of their resurgence and the time is right to cash out before the new labor contract really kicks in with business possibly cooling down profits.

Last edited:
Tforce is fine and heading in different operations philosophy than most is used to so change is hard. Pay and medical are good and they ain’t going out of business which is all one should really care. I been here almost twenty years and I have never seen employees complain and bitch like ovnt/upsf with nothing useful or positive to say about the company. Go to our TB and the topic that gets the most discussion is about some BS “tip tally” lol
I do believe ABF will be sold as they are at the pinnacle of their resurgence and the time is right to cash out before the new labor contract really kicks in with business possibly cooling down profits.
Ummmm- ABF has been operating under their new contract for over 8 months. The biggest cost was the year one raise. They’ve been beating analysts expectations every quarter since. Their cost per year goes down dramatically in the next 4 years or the contract.

Ummmm- ABF has been operating under their new contract for over 8 months. The biggest cost was the year one raise. They’ve been beating analysts expectations every quarter since. Their cost per year goes down dramatically in the next 4 years or the contract.
Well said, exactly my point......75 cents a year for the next 4 years....prediction is that by year 4 many yes voters will be upset how far behind we are again....

As someone who has been with Overnite, Ups freight and now TForce... I can only say that all of you at ABF should hope and pray Tfi doesn't buy ABF... Because they will do the same to you guys as they have done to us.
It’s all about putting the final nail in the coffin for unionized truckers! Trucking company executives had an agenda, and there carrying through with it! Who remembers when yellow wanted to buy ABF?Thank god it never happened! Now t-force is going to take a stab at it!Good luck to all!