ABF | ArcBest stock down $6.12 and dropping today. No news found

Sumting Wong

TB Lurker
Credits
FORT SMITH, Ark., Oct. 5, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- ArcBest® (ARCB) will announce its third quarter 2018 financial results after the market close on Thursday, November 1, 2018. A conference call with company executives will be held on the following day, Friday, November 2, 2018, at 9:30 a.m. ET (8:30 a.m. CT) to discuss these results.

ARCB $41.56 * $6.12 12.84%

Wolfe Research warns on five trucking stocks
Oct. 5, 2018 9:52 AM ET|By: Clark Schultz, SA News Editor

Wolfe Research turns negative on the trucking sector on concerns over spot rates.

A survey conducted by the firm indicates shipper pricing expectations are swinging lower, per Bloomberg.

Within the sector, ArcBest (ARCB -8.8%), Covenant Transportation (CVTI-5.1%), Landstar System (LSTR -2.2%), Werner Enterprises (WERN -3%) and Schneider National (SNDR -3.9%) are singled out as at pricing risk. All five trucking stocks are downgraded by Wolfe to Underperform from Peer Perform.

"We have not assumed a recession in our models but expect slower freight volume and pricing growth the next 2 years," writes the Wolfe team on the freight/economic cycle.

FORT SMITH, Ark., Oct. 5, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- ArcBest® (ARCB) will announce its third quarter 2018 financial results after the market close on Thursday, November 1, 2018. A conference call with company executives will be held on the following day, Friday, November 2, 2018, at 9:30 a.m. ET (8:30 a.m. CT) to discuss these results.

ARCB $41.56 * $6.12 12.84%
Most ltl's are taking a beating today....

Most ltl's are taking a beating today....

"The ties that typically bind two groups of U.S. transportation stocks -- railroads and trucking companies -- have frayed this year. Although an S&P rail index has risen as much as 23 percent since broader market gauges reached highs on Jan. 26, a similar indicator for truckers has fallen as much as 13 percent. The divergence may have occurred because higher labor costs and fuel prices affect truckers more, Edward Yardeni, president and chief investment strategist at Yardeni Research, wrote Thursday in a report. It may persist 'until either electric, automated trucks are introduced or a recession comes along', he wrote.

----------

Sincerely,
David Wilson

Senior Reporter, Bloomberg News

"The ties that typically bind two groups of U.S. transportation stocks -- railroads and trucking companies -- have frayed this year. Although an S&P rail index has risen as much as 23 percent since broader market gauges reached highs on Jan. 26, a similar indicator for truckers has fallen as much as 13 percent. The divergence may have occurred because higher labor costs and fuel prices affect truckers more, Edward Yardeni, president and chief investment strategist at Yardeni Research, wrote Thursday in a report. It may persist 'until either electric, automated trucks are introduced or a recession comes along', he wrote.

----------

Sincerely,
David Wilson

Senior Reporter, Bloomberg News
We got real slow....

........ PRIOR DOLLAR PERCENT
........ CLOSE DOWN.. DOWN
ARCB . 42.175 5.51__ 11.6%
SAIA.. 68.35_ 2.99__. 4.2%
ODFL 151.87_ 2.60__. 1.7%
LSTR 114.19_ 1.52__. 1.3%
CVTI .. 27.53_ 1.45__. 5.0%
SNDR. 23.65_ 0.94__. 3.8%
WERN 34.15_ 0.93__. 2.7%
YRCW.. 9.23_ 0.00__. 0.0%

Closing prices for other trucking companies

Then shut the doors, if Judy & company took the time to be a player in ltl and less time on her non union adventure we would be in a much better place....

That would put several thousand Teamster brothers out of work & very few Teamster jobs to be found. This is the last thing I want to happen. The pension fund would definitely go belly up if there were no ABF contributions being made. Even if I worked for YRC I would not want ABF to go belly up.
Judy would still have job somewhere but Teamster brothers & sisters would not fare so well.

That would put several thousand Teamster brothers out of work & very few Teamster jobs to be found. This is the last thing I want to happen. The pension fund would definitely go belly up if there were no ABF contributions being made. Even if I worked for YRC I would not want ABF to go belly up.
Judy would still have job somewhere but Teamster brothers & sisters would not fare so well.
I don’t want them to go belly up but stop crying about the pension, they have no problem giving themselves bonuses, stock options & a healthy salary. Give a little back to the people who actually make the money & stop complaining about it....

Bye bye pension!

If the ....pension goes,......what incentives do the Union carriers offer to potential employees?

Most people are only concerned with what goes in their pocket.....Nebulous ideology,...like retaining First Amendment Rights at work , are never really thought of by most workers.....(.....until they are fired out of hand...)......

The stock price isn't being....."artificially" lowered,...so that a discounted buy-up of stock can occur? This does happen,...quite a bit, you know....

I believe that the company has issue with paying into funds that are going bust. in the end, they have liablity to thier employees. our insistence at staying in doomed funds will determine the future of this company.

I believe that the company has issue with paying into funds that are going bust. in the end, they have liablity to thier employees. our insistence at staying in doomed funds will determine the future of this company.
UPS should have never been allowed to leave the fund what happened to that $6 Billion they paid to get out of the fund poof it's gone went in the mob's and union official's pockets!