Holland | are the regional still up for sale?

PAPERCHASER

TB Lurker
Credits
I know its been a while since we heard anything about the regional being up for sale.does anyone knows something concrete to the sale of the regionals?

There has been some chatter up here about some investment group looking hard at the Regionals. The story is for just under a Billion bucks. Who knows? Just another rumor until we get some facts and details.

We were told during our "vote yes or we all get shut down" meeting that we could NOT be seperated from YRCW. So my question is.......How can we be seperated now, if we couldn't be back then?

Flash how about this, I've had snow in my yard for 2 weeks now. Last week I was 1 of 4 men out of a 100 that showed up for work. 3 inches shut us down. You should have heard a road driver from GR laughing at our turnout.

Flash how about this, I've had snow in my yard for 2 weeks now.
Obviously Y'all haven't been livin' right. Do you even need a snow blower down there? Actually, wouldn't a leaf blower work for that much?
Last week I was 1 of 4 men out of a 100 that showed up for work. 3 inches shut us down. You should have heard a road driver from GR laughing at our turnout.
:biglaugh: 3 inches???? That's funny. 3 inches in an hour is something that can slow you down a little, but 3 inches total? Come on. The GR guy can relate to it.

We average about 150 inches of snow each year.:Violin:

union lie's vote yes or shut down LIE ,vote yes and Zollars is gone = LIE, union lie's keep the SHEEP voting yes

We are not being sold. This old wives tail has been floating around for a few years. Who in the world would pay close to a billion for a group of companies that were sold 6 yrs ago for 1.4 billion and is now more than 50% smaller and has no tangible assets. Does anyone even think b4 they repeat this rumor. If this ever happens, you won't have to worry about telling YRC to kiss your tails, the banks will close them the next day because they have decided to cut their losses. Which is the only reason they would ok the sale of the part of the conglomeration that is profitable. Sorry to wizz on our dreams...

I know its been a while since we heard anything about the regional being up for sale.does anyone knows something concrete to the sale of the regionals?

The price on the open market is around 197 million + assume the billion in debt, for everything that's left, regionals would have to sell for far less.

Flash we build snow blowers down here in Tenn for you guys.(Cub Cadet-MTD) Expecting snow Wed.
Keep the snowblowers coming.

I wish that we could have the occasional news flash that on "Wed." snow is expected. We expect it everyday. It's not even news here.:9529:

The metro area of Memphis has about 1 and a half million people. Memphis has 13 plow attachments for the front of their salt spreader trucks. I came within inches last week of hitting a car that had lost control on a overpass.

The metro area of Memphis has about 1 and a half million people. Memphis has 13 plow attachments for the front of their salt spreader trucks. I came within inches last week of hitting a car that had lost control on a overpass.
The best advise that I can give you is to increase your following distance on crappy roads. Stay back away from the fools and let them do their thing. Increasing your following distance will allow you to slow down at your own pace, instead of in a panic. Plus you have a front row seat when they lose control. Just slow down, and stay back away from them.:1036316054:

Hell Flash, were almost shutting down in Memphis with 0 inches of snow. Good luck and be safe my Northern brothers. GRIZZ

Hell Flash, were almost shutting down in Memphis with 0 inches of snow. Good luck and be safe my Northern brothers. GRIZZ
Did you guys get freezing rain instead? The big storm hasn't got up here to us yet. We aren't supposed to get very much of the action. We are only supposed to get hit from the edge of the storm, nothing major. We'll see.

Nothing down here, but the rest of the system down according to our TM. So he made the decision to CC today,with with chills this morning at 5 degrees most took him up on his offer. Guess who called at 430 am, you guessed it our TM. Somehow over half our daily bill count made it in this morning. Truckingboards for me today. GRIZZ

Nothing down here, but the rest of the system down according to our TM. So he made the decision to CC today,with with chills this morning at 5 degrees most took him up on his offer. Guess who called at 430 am, you guessed it our TM. Somehow over half our daily bill count made it in this morning. Truckingboards for me today. GRIZZ
Just got the same call myself. No work today, bad weather. Only the second time in my career that I can remember not working because of the weather. I'll take it. They said that we aren't getting any inbound up here today. We didn't send out any line haul last night either. Some guys are stuck at the Hotel.