Yellow | Are There Sleeper Teams based in SCA, TCY and/or POR

JimmyB

TB Lurker
Credits
Wonder if someone can answer this question; are there any sleeper teams based at SCA, TCY and/or POR. I'd think not, but would like to get an answer if anyone knows?

Also, if there are teams based at any of the above mentioned locations, what kind of sleeper tractors are used in their pool?

Jimmy B

Jimmy those are all city operations and are fed by most of all of the other locations but mainly AQE,DAL,SLC. I covered all of those out of DAL before I reitred but prior to that worked out of AQE then some of the drivers that I know are out of SLC. Its pretty crazy as most of the TCY and SCA are all mostly conventional tractors and then POR is mostly cab overs

yo jimmy b....

SLC uses cabovers to make the triples length laws in the northwest.....

i'm pretty sure everyone else uses hoods out west for doubles....

mikeeeeeeeeeeeee

Thanks for the answers, I'm trying to figure out if the FL Argosies are only rostered at SLC. And it looks like that's the way it is...

I always thought that POR, TCY and SCA were part of the 17 break bulks that Yellow operated with in its system.

Jimmy B

JimmyB,
POR, TCY and SCA are part of Yellow's breaks. As far as I know the domiciles that have sleepers are as follows.....CGB has alot....KCM has alot...DAL has alot...AQE has pretty many...HOU has a few....MEM has alot....JMI has about 10....I'm pretty sure that's about it. Oh....SLC has some too. And STP has 10 but every time I'm there about 5 are sitting in the yard.

Probably nobody cares here, but I finally found out how many Argosies Yellow has and where they are kept.

Yellow has 38 leased Argosies rostered at SLC, one however is kept in Portland as a spare. Then apparently Penske kept two of the privous leased Argosies to cover any of the new ones that are down for service or breakdowns.

Jimmy B

I work at SCA and it is a break bulk, aswell as a city operation. We have around 140 line drivers and have no sleepers(yet) TCY is a break bulk and city operation but is a combo barn so each bid if you don't want to run shuttle you can go back to driving a towmotor, so they have no true line drivers, or sleepers(yet). As far as POR and SLC go I couldnt tell you. Ive been told that that SLC uses the cab over sleepers so they can haul tripples.