New Penn | Are they going to merge us into YRC Terminals anyway

Forgetabouit

TB Lurker
Credits
Are they going to merge us into YRC Terminals anyway, after passing the second vote for concessions. I think they will in Jan, or Feb 2010

:rolleyes1:I think of a lot of things too, some are worth consideration, some not, but considering what your suggesting ...... why in the world wouldn't they have just done it already? What's to gain in either Jan or Feb ? They got what they wanted with our second vote for 18 months. NP is still profitable so what changes, just not getting your take on it.

You know something that I do not know ?

:rolleyes1:I think of a lot of things too, some are worth consideration, some not, but considering what your suggesting ...... why in the world wouldn't they have just done it already? What's to gain in either Jan or Feb ? They got what they wanted with our second vote for 18 months. NP is still profitable so what changes, just not getting your take on it.

Because look at the pattern, consolidated Roadway,& Yellow, sold off Terminals, Laid off Union Workers, for what= MONEY, CASH, to pay off their loans in bad times. I guess you know something that I do not know for Jan, & Feb where the bottom falls out for the freight Industry, how much profit are they going to make in those two months, OR LOSE.
You do not have to be a rocket scientist to figure it out.

Because look at the pattern, consolidated Roadway,& Yellow, sold off Terminals, Laid off Union Workers, for what= MONEY, CASH, to pay off their loans in bad times. I guess you know something that I do not know for Jan, & Feb where the bottom falls out for the freight Industry, how much profit are they going to make in those two months, OR LOSE.
You do not have to be a rocket scientist to figure it out.

Wow, let me think... not being a rocket scientist has always been a detriment. Oh ya now I remember. "Look at the pattern" and find the same reasons they did what they did with Yellow and Roadway and apply it to us? There was a hundred reasons or more why they put the Big R and the Yellow Dog together. What they both have in common that we obviously don't is the long haul business and the longhaul linehaul. They don't gain anything putting NP in with them either now, back in July or Aug ( also slow times) or Jan or Feb ! They know that our profit and customers would be history. They can sell our terminals anytime without putting us together and they done some of that.Layoffs, tell me of any place at NP that they can't do that now. If they are looking to save money wouldn't save them a penny except what they could save cutting managment and sales. You and me don't know anything more then anyboby else but trying to convince me there is money to be saved by putting us together I won't ever believe.

I hope you are right, but this is my forecast of it all.

Wow, let me think... not being a rocket scientist has always been a detriment. Oh ya now I remember. "Look at the pattern" and find the same reasons they did what they did with Yellow and Roadway and apply it to us? There was a hundred reasons or more why they put the Big R and the Yellow Dog together. What they both have in common that we obviously don't is the long haul business and the longhaul linehaul. They don't gain anything putting NP in with them either now, back in July or Aug ( also slow times) or Jan or Feb ! They know that our profit and customers would be history. They can sell our terminals anytime without putting us together and they done some of that.Layoffs, tell me of any place at NP that they can't do that now. If they are looking to save money wouldn't save them a penny except what they could save cutting managment and sales. You and me don't know anything more then anyboby else but trying to convince me there is money to be saved by putting us together I won't ever believe.
Sorry but they can not sell us without the banks permission, you forget the bank owns us technically speaking. Also who would in there right mind would buy a trucking Co in todays market. I hope you are right, but this is my forecast of it all.

If they could merge New Penn into their system and keep NP's customers and make what NP makes off those customers they would have done it already plain and simple. New Penn exsists because our customers won't ship with them. I am sure they have already pissed away a bunch of money on some stupid survey to find this out. If you have been paying attention you probally noticed a lot of freight the last few days coming through with Fed Ex and Duie labels on it, Which means they have already started cutting rates to bring freight back thanks to the damn give backs.

This is not a Fact, or Rumor, but my future Opinion in the up coming months.
Guys look at the merger of yellow and roadway they lost like 45 percent of the freight , if they merge new penn into yrc they no they will lose most of the freight .That was the reason for the re-vote. Now with the 15 percent cut just think of the money they can make off us now, we were making money before the cut at full rate.

The plan was to merge New Penn and Holland not YRC. But that's history. Fawgetaboudit
LetGo.png

actually its eerily quiet...but didnt this happen the first quarter the stocks tumbled then made a rebound...lets hope for a good third quarter and keep things like it is and concentrate on building business

You have your facts wrong,they were going to be merged into YRC all you have to do is go back and reread some of the posts about this topic..Fact is YRC Mbk term was already planning how to merge,we were told how many drivers would go etc and when it would take place....Not a word about Holland, Holland pulled out of the Northeast,they were not coming back....:nutkick:I'll try this again:nutkick:

You have your facts wrong,they were going to be merged into YRC all you have to do is go back and reread some of the posts about this topic..Fact is YRC Mbk term was already planning how to merge,we were told how many drivers would go etc and when it would take place....Not a word about Holland, Holland pulled out of the Northeast,they were not coming back....:nutkick:I'll try this again:nutkick:

your facts are fuzzy because they where gonna do it with Holland --and still will when they can afford it --yrc regional--just like the new web sight --now they can do it slow and easy-- the customers wont ever know the difference holland and npme will just fade away-:TR10driving03: my prediction:TR10driving03::TR10driving03:

You have your facts wrong,they were going to be merged into YRC all you have to do is go back and reread some of the posts about this topic..Fact is YRC Mbk term was already planning how to merge,we were told how many drivers would go etc and when it would take place....
Not a word about Holland, Holland pulled out of the Northeast,they were not coming back
....:nutkick:I'll try this again:nutkick:

No reason for them to comeback cause you're already there..just the name would be different...
Skull.gif

your facts are fuzzy because they where gonna do it with Holland --and still will when they can afford it --yrc regional--just like the new web sight --now they can do it slow and easy-- the customers wont ever know the difference holland and npme will just fade away-:TR10driving03: my prediction:TR10driving03::TR10driving03:

We will never know the real truth.Like I stated before.Nbg was going to merged into MBK if the vote was turned down.This is what we were told,not only from Newpenn and the union,but this was also coming from the guys at MBK ..We will never know :TR10driving03::TR10driving03: IMO it was just a scare tactic that YRC won...

If they could merge New Penn into their system and keep NP's customers and make what NP makes off those customers they would have done it already plain and simple. New Penn exsists because our customers won't ship with them. I am sure they have already pissed away a bunch of money on some stupid survey to find this out. If you have been paying attention you probally noticed a lot of freight the last few days coming through with Fed Ex and Duie labels on it, Which means they have already started cutting rates to bring freight back thanks to the damn give backs.

ye there taken freight from us abf soon it may cost us our jos thanks to yrc and the hoffa team. join me and others dump hoffa 2011; tdu.

your facts are fuzzy because they where gonna do it with Holland --
and still will when they can afford it --yrc regional
--just like the new web sight --now they can do it slow and easy-- the customers wont ever know the difference holland and npme will just fade away-:TR10driving03: my prediction:TR10driving03::TR10driving03:

If you understood anything about 'brand names' you would understand why they won't touch the name [size=+2]New Penn[/size] Yes, the name YRC cost them customers. Why would they do it again?