Central Transport | Are we old Vitran guys to hard on CT?

Buggybruiser

TB Lurker
Credits
I was just wondering if we were to hard on CT. I'll be the first to admit when they took us over I was like (WTF!).But then again It was a relief I did'nt have to go on unemployment. True enough their reputation has'nt been the greatest in the industry, some pretty crappy equipment, no direct deposit, some of the old barns that look like "old barns", and so forth (just my opinion). But if you really think about our dear sweet Vitran was no
"Homecoming Queen" either. I recall a time when I first got into trucking some 26 years ago, CT was one of a few good trucking jobs out there, along side ABF, Roadway, CF (remember them) , and Yellow. I dont know what happened in those 26 years but I got a crazy feeling that with some spit and elbow grease this old place could buff out pretty nice once again (among a few other things) but hey you gotta start somewhere.
I do know one thing, I go to work everyday with some of the best men and women in the industry, and yeah some have their issues with the company, but for the most part they are hard working, family oriented people who don't have a problem helping you out with that pallet you turned over, or just chase you down to say good morning.

Gives us your honest opinion.

Some are, some aren't. Since the buyout I've seen some guys complain no matter how much they were given, and some guys got hosed without a doubt.

I also saw one CT guy get completely shafted and walk out.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I've been with Quast, Vitran, and now CT.
The "good ole days" are behind us.
It's what we make of what is ahead of us is what matters.
Besides, as long as the checks keep clearing
And the food is on the table for the family, life's good!!!

You can't knock a man for staying there and making the best of it.......We all are just trying to make a living. I just wanted more than CT had to offer. At Saia we have great insurance and good pay in a pleasant working environment.........Nothing is perfect..........But Saia is about as close as you can get in the LTL business. I wish only the best to the men that stayed.......But on a personal level I couldn't stay with what CT brought to the table....I simply wanted more. No harm...No foul.

just calling it as it is, it's a place to work when you're starting out in trucking or need a job quick until another one comes along.

in what, equipment a container hauler wouldn't drive, substandard insurance crappy wages? Tell me exactly why anyone would have pride in a bottom feeder company like CT
I meant they would go anywhere else and work because they have pride in themselves, not pride in CT, I don't think anyone can have that.

No problem...I'd hate to have anything I said misunderstood.

Say fudgie, did you hear that a former Pjax legacy driver that went to work for a local T/L carrier making crap wages is coming back to LTL with Estes. I may have to sell him back one of his pallet jacks. I gave mine to the person you had yours earmarked for. I now use yours and a narrow one of his from time to time. I have a spare full size at home slightly bent when I loaned it out to another former Vitran driver. Just kinda been collecting them.

Say fudgie, did you hear that a former Pjax legacy driver that went to work for a local T/L carrier making crap wages is coming back to LTL with Estes. I may have to sell him back one of his pallet jacks. I gave mine to the person you had yours earmarked for. I now use yours and a narrow one of his from time to time. I have a spare full size at home slightly bent when I loaned it out to another former Vitran driver. Just kinda been collecting them.

is that the same one who took over my route when I took the 5am dock/drive position?

I'm not trying to be a smartass but why do drivers have to buy pallet jacks? isn't that supposed to be company equipment?