Are you guys busy?

MikeJ

TB Veteran
Credits
Hi guys,
Are you guys all busy this week because of Memorial day? Were pretty busy at the beer distributor. So busy that I have to report to headquarters tomorrow. They do not know exactly what they want to do with me just, yet but it sounded like they wanted me to drive the B truck tomorrow and do hot shots. I'll be on my own tomorrow, which is fine.

Tuesday, I left the yard with 1,200 cases and actually it all went pretty good. My co worker and I got it all done in a fairly reasonable amount of time. Today was also an okay day we had like 700+ cases or something like that, got it all done in a fairly efficient manor.

So any how that's the scoop.

Well, we're about to get slow. I think most of the colleges are out now, the rest of the schools are soon to follow. Sometimes the schools will put in a huge order like the week before so they can skip the last delivery, I don't know why. I also don't know exactly when these schools will be out, but they are all off on Memorial Day, so that's one less day we have to deliver for.

Our house is working the holiday. We like to be off, but when we are we really pay for it the following Tuesday. Working the holiday isn't too bad, all the government, large corporations (except us) and schools will be closed, so mainly we'll be delivering to the restaurants and whatever other institutions are open.

When they decide to give us the holiday off, the restaurants will order heavy the few days before, so I guess I'm saying the spikes only happens when we're off.

I was actually thinking about you today, wondering if you made any deliveries to nursing homes.

Well, we're about to get slow. I think most of the colleges are out now, the rest of the schools are soon to follow. Sometimes the schools will put in a huge order like the week before so they can skip the last delivery, I don't know why. I also don't know exactly when these schools will be out, but they are all off on Memorial Day, so that's one less day we have to deliver for.

Our house is working the holiday. We like to be off, but when we are we really pay for it the following Tuesday. Working the holiday isn't too bad, all the government, large corporations (except us) and schools will be closed, so mainly we'll be delivering to the restaurants and whatever other institutions are open.

When they decide to give us the holiday off, the restaurants will order heavy the few days before, so I guess I'm saying the spikes only happens when we're off.

I was actually thinking about you today, wondering if you made any deliveries to nursing homes.

Well to my knowledge we don't have any nursing homes,but there maybe one out there, I wouldn't really be surprised we do deliver to some colleges. I guess were closed on Monday, but they do have some trucks going out on Saturday, but I guess it was some kind of volunteer thing. It's kind of the same here the route I was on, this tuesday is a college town and it's about the last week for that college. That whole place will slow down now for a little while. The convenience stores were ordering pretty heavy today. The one store we went to today was stuffed to the gills with beer, but I bet they sell out of beer pretty good over the weekend.

Ted I asked today and it turns out we really do deliver to some nursing homes, no joke.