ABF | Are You Log'n OFF DUTY on delay time?

S

skynnynlynnyrd

I worked for USF awhile back and they asked me, WHY ARE YOU RUNNING OUT OF HOURS? Needless to say, I didn't last long. I know some of the NON UNION carriers expect this but, witch one's???

I worked for USF awhile back and they asked me, WHY ARE YOU RUNNING OUT OF HOURS? Needless to say, I didn't last long. I know some of the NON UNION carriers expect this but, witch one's???

That easy. You log the day the way you run it. The instructions on on the cover of the log book.

I log delay time "on duty not driving".
I log lunch, as long as I don't have HazMat and need to babysit the truck as "off duty".
With Hazmat, "on duty not driving". Stops en route less than 15 minutes "driving".
In a nutshell, you log it legally.
The way you run it, is the way you log it.

I agree with you... It's to bad that others log off duty while waiting for a hook ect. It made the rest of us look REAL BAD...

I agree with you... It's to bad that others log off duty while waiting for a hook ect. It made the rest of us look REAL BAD...

Not in my eyes we don't look bad. Just ask the guy who had an accident, where there was a lawyer questioning the integrity of the log books of the driver involved. They went back five years and the driver always logged legally. What do you think would have been done had there been improper entries? Remember always that it is easier to remember the truth, than a lie.

I encourage all of my guys to log legally. I do.

Protect yourself, your job, and the company will also be protected, should there be any problem.